wirefly vs VZW

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
For an upgrade, Wirefly was going charging me $10 more per month (60-69) for the Family Shareplan than what I pay now. Buyer beware.
It's $69 on Verizons own web site. You sure Wirefly was trying to pull something on you?
They're not collecting that money anyway, that goes to Verizon when you pay your bill.

seamus.zolly

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If you ordered from wirefly, like me, have you seen any updates to your order? I did an online chat session to verify my mailing address was updated correctly and I was told the phones would ship based on order of approval from VZ (I'm a new vz customer). And when I checked their site it no longer said shipping 3/17. Just wondering if they ran out of inventory on the first night of the presale and cannot guarantee 3/17 shipping anymore. Also on my order status page it states "your order is nearly complete. We apologize for the inconvenience but the phone you ordered is extremely popular. We receive shipments of additional phones daily and will fulfill out of stock doers in the order they are received."

Mind you I ordered at maybe 12:30 am when the presale went live. Anyone else see the same thing?

Mine did, and I ordered last night, and finished confirming today. But it just barely changed to:

"Your order has been approved.

Verizon Wireless has approved your order and it is now being picked and prepared for shipping in our distribution center. As soon as we complete this step, we will send you another email and update this website.

Now is the time to back up your data on your existing device and save any text messages or contact information you may need. Please visit our Contract Extensions & Phone Upgrades FAQ for more information."

So looks good!

Bolting123

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Lucky! Mine has updated but only to "your order has been sent to verizon for approval" grrr! It better update before tonight to ensure shipping tomorrow.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Odd, mine said that it had been approved under status by the carrier for the phone (i got a case also) and not it just says processing under status. What does everyone else say?

Bolting123

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine says pocessing under status...and states above that my info was sent to vz for approval and once vz approves it will be shipped. Also not to start another order with vz because it could mess with my credit. I'm not sure if it's taking longer to process because I want to port my number from AT&T.

Before the processing status it stated something about awaiting inventory.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that's what mine said also. Approved - Waiting On Inventory. That's right. Looks like ours should be shipped tomorrow then.

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yup "Awaiting inventory" before, now "Processing." Verizon processed a credit check on me yesterday. Hoping this will ship tomorrow!

Same for me. I hope this isn't them figuring out they don't have enough to cover sales and pushing some of us back since they broke a sales record for them.

Carbon Stig

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok so if I go with WF, i basically have to make sure I stick with them at least for 6 months or else? I mean if I do, I don't plan on changing phones or plans or carriers anyway. Sooo, does it make sense for me to go to WF?

WF =
2 TBs, +1 dumbphone for ~$400.

VS.

VZW store/BB =
2 TBs, +1 dumbphone for $500+$116 (retail tax in So Cali) = $616.

So I'm guess go with WF?

JayAndROID86

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just canceled my order from WF cuz i'd rather a 1yr contract for $319 and upgrade in the next 12months [knowing myself] and resell TB than to be stuck for 24months.

imdaShiy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so if I go with WF, i basically have to make sure I stick with them at least for 6 months or else? I mean if I do, I don't plan on changing phones or plans or carriers anyway. Sooo, does it make sense for me to go to WF?

WF =
2 TBs, +1 dumbphone for ~$400.

VS.

VZW store/BB =
2 TBs, +1 dumbphone for $500+$116 (retail tax in So Cali) = $616.

So I'm guess go with WF?

Yes, that's correct; no changes (plan downgrades, phones, etc.) for 181 days. It seems like a lot of the people who are complaining did not read the contract closely. Amazon.com is the same and that's how these resellers are able to offer us these discounts.

imdaShiy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Same for me. I hope this isn't them figuring out they don't have enough to cover sales and pushing some of us back since they broke a sales record for them.

Yea, I would be very disappointed in Wirefly if this were to happen. My order went through at 3:15 AM EST, after the snafu in the first 10-12 minutes or so when the ThunderBolt paged was redirecting to Droid Incredible. I'm pretty sure I was at most in the first 100 to pre-order, so you'd think Wirefly would have at least 100 units in stock for tomorrow to ship.

imdaShiy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Online support chat with Wirefly CSR:
do you know why the status changed back to "processing"?
Daniel: It was flipped by an automated system sorry for the confusion.

m00nshake

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Online support chat with Wirefly CSR:
do you know why the status changed back to "processing"?
Daniel: It was flipped by an automated system sorry for the confusion.

This crap happened to me as well today and I gave up on Wirefly and canceled my order. They couldn't give me a reason that made any sense, after calling numerous times I came to the conclusion that their entire customer care workforce is based in India,and the agents all give canned or nonsensical responses. If they can't even get my preorder right, what's going to happen after I get the phone and have a real issue I need help with. No way...

Sent from my monster Evo using Tapatalk

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I would be very disappointed in Wirefly if this were to happen. My order went through at 3:15 AM EST, after the snafu in the first 10-12 minutes or so when the ThunderBolt paged was redirecting to Droid Incredible. I'm pretty sure I was at most in the first 100 to pre-order, so you'd think Wirefly would have at least 100 units in stock for tomorrow to ship.

I'd think they would have more then 100 units in stock considering it's a single point for people to order. Think of how many units all the best buys combined have, that's well over 1000 i'm willing to bet.

Bolting123

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine just updated to shipping

Your order is ready to ship.

As soon as your package passes our Quality Assurance team, we will send you an email with your tracking information and update this site with a link directly to the shipper's website.

Thank you for your business. Your order will soon be on its way to you.

seamus.zolly

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Sooooo.... read the fine print with wirefly!

I'm on a family plan, and my number isn't the one eligible for the upgrade. So I coerced my wife into letting me use her upgrade. I talked to wirefly about this, and ordered it and everything was squared away, I was only waiting for status to go to "shipped". Thankfully I called in and clarified with a sales guy to make sure that I could switch the number after receiving the phone. NEGATORY!!! According to him, the phone comes pre-activated for my phone only, and has to stay on that number for 6 months or I get nailed with their contract cancellation fee.

Thankfully able to cancel before it was too late. Hope none of you had this situation to deal with. I'm just annoyed that it didn't come up sooner.