Words with Friends--Despicable Me 2 trailer song?

TxGoatHead

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm hoping I don't have a virus.

Every time I have opened Words with Friends today to play a word, I have heard a song from the new Despicable Me 2 movie. Is there a tie-in that I was not aware of?
I don't remember seeing any information about this and I just want to make sure I'm not the only one.

I have an HTC One on the Sprint network...

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Brian Teal

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, my wife had the same thing happen this morning. Must be an add. WwF is going to ruun their membership numbers with things like this...

TxGoatHead

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Update...evidently it is supposed to be a feature???:mad:
I looked at the latest reviews on Google Play and there are many negative reviews from people who have paid for WWF, but are getting these ads.

jbarrington

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It's the same with my wife's phone and WwF too. Since she works nights, she approached me first thing this morning and telling me the ad is totally driving her crazy with the constant playing of it. One of the women at work told my wife that she had caught the "Despicable Me virus" from another woman. The first thing that I did a quick, first measure was to try a 'force stop' and then 'clear' all of the data. However, that didn't work. That's when I went online to see if anybody else was having the same issues, and it appears to be the case. If it's something from WwF, I'm guessing they might either stop it, or quickly have an update. I figure they might want to not anger the users, or face the wrath of people potentially stop using the WwF app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s