working free tether apps

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a Bionic to GS4 and my beloved wifi tether app no longer works. This is a huge issue because I am constantly traveling and need to tether.

What do you guys recommend as a working, free wifi tether app? I tried a lot of them and its not working. I am running MI1.

thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just switched from a Bionic to GS4 and my beloved wifi tether app no longer works. This is a huge issue because I am constantly traveling and need to tether.

What do you guys recommend as a working, free wifi tether app? I tried a lot of them and its not working. I am running MI1.

thanks.

You may come up empty on this one. Many carriers have found almost every possible way to close the wifi loopholes in ROMs.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

thanks.

Have you tried Foxfi?

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't trier foxfi because I know they aren't Free....but if push comes to shove I may suck it up and pay
This was free when I downloaded it. And still free as far as I know. I first started using it with my last phone because my family plan of the time didn't have mobile hotspot included. Used it quite regularly for a laptop, gaming system and even a old iphone that my little nephew uses. I used it because it was the only one that was free and had good ratings.
1382308053193.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This was free when I downloaded it. And still free as far as I know. I first started using it with my last phone because my family plan of the time didn't have mobile hotspot included. Used it quite regularly for a laptop, gaming system and even a old iphone that my little nephew uses. I used it because it was the only one that was free and had good ratings.
View attachment 87990

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

When foxfi merged with PDA net, they started charging.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There's a small window to return. That should be enough time to see if tether works from your device to whatever you plan on tethering.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AC Forums mobile app

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
DO NOT update your G4 with Verizon's latest update. It offers nothing for the normal user but BLOCKS FoxFi now. Which I paid for. I am just about ready to root me phone now that Verizon has messed with a product I paid full retail for. They continue to push bloatware down to my phone and now block an App I have been using for years. Does anyone know how to revert my phone to the previous version?

Verizon is going to force me to root now. Thanks for nothing VZ.

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
DO NOT update your G4 with Verizon's latest update. It offers nothing for the normal user but BLOCKS FoxFi now. Which I paid for. I am just about ready to root me phone now that Verizon has messed with a product I paid full retail for. They continue to push bloatware down to my phone and now block an App I have been using for years. Does anyone know how to revert my phone to the previous version?

Verizon is going to force me to root now. Thanks for nothing VZ.

unfortunately the phone got updated to MI1 (i believe thats the latest version)....i had no idea that it would break anything.

However, I am rooted

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried foxfi....it says its working fine...but when i check my available wifi networks....i dont see anything.

I tried wifi tether (yellow wifi icon)....it said "error, check log"...but when I check the log it tells me it cant access log file.
i tried wireless tether, but it just craps out.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I use Fast Wifi Tether Free and it works with my updated S4.

Just hit the Home button when the VZW nag screen pops up and it still tethers.

johndubbya

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Svtp works it gives you the you are not a subscriber message but if you hit the home key you can use your phone as usual

Posted via Android Central App

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
You can use Notification Toggle from the Playstore.
Freeze the application SGP with Titanium or some other app.
Once that is done, the subscription check will not be done.
The first launch of the app will fail, launch it again and things will work.

Launch Mobile Hotspot and configure it..