Working GCAM for S23 (only tested on Ultra)

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for posting, i prefer the stock camera with camera assistance app
I agree, you are generally better off using your Stock camera app. Pixel/Gcam etc. As much as the people who port gcam say, they are not optimized for your system.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree, you are generally better off using your Stock camera app. Pixel/Gcam etc. As much as the people who port gcam say, they are not optimized for your system.

This is the first time I even tried GCAM on my Samsung and honestly, I really do not get what the drive is to have this. The steps Samsung is taking with their camera is more than enough for me and with the new Astral Photography re-work they did, I am excited! I am still waiting for a few things to get here (mainly the phone mount for a tripod, oh, and a tripod) so I can really get out there and take some nice pics.

Where I live, I won't have to go far to get out of the range of light pollution. :D I am pretty excited, although, the weather here for the next several days are not going to cooperate. :(

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
The reason is pretty simple actually, back in the day Gcam was head and shoulders above everyone else. It's a hold over from then.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I think the gcam app is great for devices who have decent hardware but lack a quality camera application. I don't see how it would really be beneficial on a flagship Samsung device.

Easycure1974

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I think the gcam app is great for devices who have decent hardware but lack a quality camera application. I don't see how it would really be beneficial on a flagship Samsung device.
The quality of the stock Samsung camera is actually pretty crap sometime, noisy, lack of details and oversharpened. I am so disappointed with it. Thanks god that there is a thread on XDA with working Gcam and several working configs.
Without it I would have returned my S23 Ultra

Last edited:

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Every time I mess with GCAM you never really saw any improvement over any photos on any phone that I've tried.. but it's nice to have development

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
The quality of the stock Samsung camera is actually pretty crap sometime, noisy, lack of details and oversharpened. I am so disappointed with it. Thanks god that there is a thread on XDA with working Gcam and several working configs.
Without it I would have returned my S23 Ultra
This is why I love technology and the different variations people prefer.

To me the best pictures I have taken, were on my s22u. Not my iPhone 13 pro, iPhone 14 pro max, or my pixel 7 pro. I am really excited to get this camera out and take some solid pictures.

Reactions: Smith779

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Every time I mess with GCAM you never really saw any improvement over any photos on any phone that I've tried.. but it's nice to have development
I feel the same way, to ME, Stock is just fine and does not need anything else. Albeit, I am not a pro photographer, nor do I play on on TV/Internet... :)
The stock camera of Samsung S23 gives great results as compared to GCam but Google Camera can prove to be good for those who have a phone 4-5 years old from today.
Never thought of it this way, if Sammy stops updating, it IS NICE to have an alternative that can be updated. :D

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello