Working Jellybean Rom for Toro on RootzWiki

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i do remember you saying that from the aokp thread. i guess im just not clear about the process - would wiping /system affect my ability to work in CWR? do i have to reboot after the system wipe?

also, i was just trying to gather a summary of where JB is as of now. likely, i will succumb tonight though ;)

Nah wiping system in recovery is the same as wiping anything else. To break it down for you, when you decide on one of these roms just stick it on your sd card and boot into recovery:
1. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
2. Make a backup (yes, after wiping caches, it's easier this way)
3. Wipe data/factory reset.
4. Format /system
5. Flash ROM.
6. Reboot.
7. At Welcome screen WAIT... don't touch anything for like 60 seconds minimum or until data connects and turns blue. This is just good practice, trust me.
After that get to signing in and having fun :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ekinnyc

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just saw second thing you asked about where JB is... It's a preview build, it's probably not exactly what we'll see in July but it's about 95% there, maybe more, idk I'm just guessing, lol.

In terms of functionality and stability, everything should be great. I see both the ROMs out there were just updated again and even this mornings build that I'm running has been working great. Again, you'll have a backup, so nothing could really go wrong :)

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Nah wiping system in recovery is the same as wiping anything else. To break it down for you, when you decide on one of these roms just stick it on your sd card and boot into recovery:
1. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
2. Make a backup (yes, after wiping caches, it's easier this way)
3. Wipe data/factory reset.
4. Format /system
5. Flash ROM.
6. Reboot.
7. At Welcome screen WAIT... don't touch anything for like 60 seconds minimum or until data connects and turns blue. This is just good practice, trust me.
After that get to signing in and having fun :)

flash Su after ROM, correct?