Worst battery ever

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
?Toggle off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC and Hotspot. Only ?Toggle On? when needed.
?Turn off Auto Brightness and reduce setting to as low as is comfortable for you.
?Sign out of services like Google Latitude, Gtalk, G+ Google Now and Messenger.
?Disable Location reporting services like GPS, Google Location and Carrier Location.
?Beware of constantly syncing Apps like Facebook, Twitter, News. Set Sync intervals to Manual if possible.
?Set Sync intervals on Non-push Email clients like Yahoo, etc. to 1 hour or higher.
?Turn off the haptic feedback (vibration you feel when pressing the glass) on all apps that have that option. Mainly the keyboard.
?Turn off Vibrate in the notification settings of any app that has that option.
?Don?t use live wallpapers and try to use dark wallpapers on Amoled devices like the GSIII.
?Also choose Dark display settings in clients like Mail or News apps whenever possible.
?Set the Display sleep timeout to 2 minutes or less.
?Remove any widgets that are not in use.
?Set the location services on Widgets and Apps, to look for your ZIP code or Home City.
?Don?t use Task Killers. They will not help you conserve battery and in some cases makes it worse.

Why have a smartphone then?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
It's still pretty smart. I don't do all those things, just some suggestions for those wanting to squeeze as much life as they can out of a device. I have some smart actions set up to toggle wifi and Bluetooth options. Detects the Bluetooth in my car and Wifi at my home. No big deal. Have Zip codes set up for my Weather apps instead of gps and they work just fine. My approach is this. The phone can do anything you can think of and a lot of the time it's doing way more in the back ground than you will ever need. I choose to conserve as much battery as I can for the moments I do need a lot of battery. You never know what events you'll get involved in. You may need to film your kid or do something battery intensive. I simply choose not to have my GPS running all day when I'm not using Maps. I disable apps like Slacker that I will never use. These are just steps I take to reserve power for the things I do want to do with it. That shouldn't be too difficult to understand right. I can download a show with tTorrent while listening to Pandora and texting my kid while chatting with coworkers using Office Talk Free. Then watch that show on my big screen when I get home, using the phones HDMI port. I can snap a picture of a document using an OCR program and have the phone read it out to me using Notes Lite as my TTS with a pleasant Australian female voice from Ivona. Trust me, it's still plenty smart and I'm not missing a thing:) I rarely drop below 80% on an average day.

Last edited:

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a troll or someone new to using a smartphone. By now most of know to turn the brightness to automatic, turn of LTE/4G if you are not using because yes it drains the crap out of the battery for some reason, adjusting the display sleep time to like 1 minute or something so the screen isnt just on wasting the battery. Give the phone a chance it's been out a day or 2 at most. I personally can't wait to get my phone tomorrow or the next day. Anything is better than this old school Evo 3d that I'm rocking.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but that's not 100% correct. I'll cut and paste some useful information.

Unlike NiCad batteries, lithium-ion batteries do not have a charge memory. That means deep-discharge cycles are not required. In fact, it?s better for the battery to use partial-discharge cycles.
There is one exception. Battery experts suggest that after 30 charges, you should allow lithium-ion batteries to almost completely discharge. Continuous partial discharges create a condition called digital memory, decreasing the accuracy of the device?s power gauge. So let the battery discharge to the cut-off point and then recharge. The power gauge will be recalibrated.

Respectfully, not sure where this was from but I won't debate it. There is plenty of data with regards to lithium ion battery technology, that disprove this theory. I would not proclaim this as being 100% accurate.

Manufacturers suggestions on caring for these batteries include not depleting them. I have yet to see drain battery after 30 charges as a means to care for it..... However, I'm no expert.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So far my battery life seems to be pretty decent (only after 3 or 4 charges). I compared it to my girlfriend's iphone 5 today. I was at 55% with 2 hours and 25 minutes of screen time. She was at 67% with 1 hour and 47 minutes of screen time.

It seems to be on par with the rest of the smartphone world.

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
So hows the battery life on that Nexus 4. Reviews indicate it's pretty good so I was just curious how its doing in a real world setting. Thanks

I find it to be more than acceptable, I do have to charge it at night. I have everything one with Google Now running too. I got more life with my brightness turned down but I just so love a bright screen...its my weakness

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Managed to get that before it shut itself off. 6 hours of on screen time on the first charge cycle. That's almost in the Note 2 territory.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
LOL. Wow you made the 6 hour mark. Impressive! HTC may be in trouble just over battery life on this one.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So hows the battery life on that Nexus 4. Reviews indicate it's pretty good so I was just curious how its doing in a real world setting. Thanks
It is average. It isn't as good as these numbers but is reasonable. I can usually get 3-4 hrs of on screen time. If I am playing games it dies fast. I bought an Anker 5600 mAH battery on Amazon for $25 and I am good no matter what.

Strommer

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
" I am on iphone 5 AT&T LTE and my screen Stays on Max brightness and I get 18 hours easy."

I have a few friends that have Iphone 5's. You either exaggerate or rarely use your phone. Why the switch to android?

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone a Lot. I text, surf web, check G+, facebook, twitter 50 times a day. play song pop 15 minutes a day. I have 8 email accounts and ALL of them are set to push and the ones that won't push are set to fetch on the fastest setting. (10 min I think).
Example: I charged my phone last night to 100%, took it off that charger when I went to bed at 2am. I use my phone for an alarm clock but use Do Not Disturb while I sleep.
I worked from 9am to 6pm using my phone every break and 30 minutes of my 1hour lunch.
After work, I sent and received somewhere near 200 texts and a few picture messages back and forth. I am on Wifi at home and at work, but during all breaks I leave because I smoke, so I am on LTE during those times. I was on Youtube for at least 20 minutes today while on LTE.
Then went to dinner with my wife, and was messing with the new google now (on LTE) for iOS for 30 minutes after the meal. Very awesome btw.
So now its 9:40pm I have 31% battery life left. So that is 19.5 hours and still have 31% left.
What I didn't do was play any 3D games that required the graphics processor to kick in. I also don't have bluetooth turned on since I don't use one. Nor did I use the GPS, I work in the same place Every day. I dont need a machine to help me get there.
So I am not exaggerating or lying (same thing) and I use my phone a Lot during the day. I don't have a job where I can sit and mess with my phone for 6 of an 8 hours shift and then complain about battery not making it thru the day.
Screen is max brightness and no auto dimming. I don't have a reason to come here and Lie about it. If I were trying to convince you guy to switch to Apple, I can see people lying to make their stuff sound better. But I am here researching because I want to get an android device.
Will I keep the android device? Who knows. Maybe I will learn to love all the cool things it offers, maybe I will hate it and go back to Apple iPhone wondering what the hell you guys like about it.
Either way. I'm not here to Lie.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I use my phone a Lot. I text, surf web, check G+, facebook, twitter 50 times a day. play song pop 15 minutes a day. I have 8 email accounts and ALL of them are set to push and the ones that won't push are set to fetch on the fastest setting. (10 min I think).
Example: I charged my phone last night to 100%, took it off that charger when I went to bed at 2am. I use my phone for an alarm clock but use Do Not Disturb while I sleep.
I worked from 9am to 6pm using my phone every break and 30 minutes of my 1hour lunch.
After work, I sent and received somewhere near 200 texts and a few picture messages back and forth. I am on Wifi at home and at work, but during all breaks I leave because I smoke, so I am on LTE during those times. I was on Youtube for at least 20 minutes today while on LTE.
Then went to dinner with my wife, and was messing with the new google now (on LTE) for iOS for 30 minutes after the meal. Very awesome btw.
So now its 9:40pm I have 31% battery life left. So that is 19.5 hours and still have 31% left.
What I didn't do was play any 3D games that required the graphics processor to kick in. I also don't have bluetooth turned on since I don't use one. Nor did I use the GPS, I work in the same place Every day. I dont need a machine to help me get there.
So I am not exaggerating or lying (same thing) and I use my phone a Lot during the day. I don't have a job where I can sit and mess with my phone for 6 of an 8 hours shift and then complain about battery not making it thru the day.
Screen is max brightness and no auto dimming. I don't have a reason to come here and Lie about it. If I were trying to convince you guy to switch to Apple, I can see people lying to make their stuff sound better. But I am here researching because I want to get an android device.
Will I keep the android device? Who knows. Maybe I will learn to love all the cool things it offers, maybe I will hate it and go back to Apple iPhone wondering what the hell you guys like about it.
Either way. I'm not here to Lie.
Good luck in your decision. But I will say that the time your phone was idle over night is really not valid time to count. Most new phones use almost nothing when they are in deep sleep. So you really need to subtract the 7hrs. You've gotten 12hrs of real usage. This isn't bad by any stretch and I think it's pretty normal. My daughters new iPhone 5 was at 100% this morning at 8am. She went to school and played with it I'm sure every minute she could during breaks and lunch but still had to get it on the charger by 6pm. So although the battery is reasonable it's not that great. I've had 15+hrs on my Nexus 4 with 5 hours of on screen time and I still think it could be better.

louismac90

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
How much % does your screen use my is so bad 77% atm my battery goes so quick when my brightness is always low

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Android Central Forums

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. I've gotten over 4 and a half hours on screen time and I've still got 25% left. This is my first charge cycle. I'll screen shot it when its about to die. I'm extremely impressed so far.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Only 4 and a half? My Lucid gets about 6 hours on screen time and I play games, surf web, facebook. Not rooted.

Glitzy35

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any idea what's killing my battery so fast? Phone gets really hot too.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Life Companion

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367347146333.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367347146333.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367347155722.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367347155722.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 47
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367347163042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367347163042.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 46

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any idea what's killing my battery so fast? Phone gets really hot too.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Life Companion

What's that indicator icon with the crosshairs in the notification bar? Never seen it before. Whatever it is, it looks like it's working overtime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc