Would you go back to any other phone?

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I) try to go Android every once in awhile but whether it's the OEM or the general software, it ends up annoying me after a week. It's like using WinMo without the magic.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Great thread. No I will never go back. Was a diehard apple fan, had the iPhone 4, 4S, 5, iPad, iPad mini, a ton of Mac desktops and laptops, etc but took me forever and the guts to make the jump to Android and the Note 3 as my only mobile device.

Loving the. Note 3 so much I can't see myself ever going back to the iPhone EVER. Things I never thought of doing on the iPhone or thought even possible I'm doing easily on the Note 3 :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

theoilyduke

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming from WP8 on a Lumia 720. It was nice but since switching I've come to appreciate the app selection. That 8.1 update seems to satisfy the notification center problem that I didn't know was a problem until I got an Android tablet. It would be hard to go back after being able to use all these nice apps. Windows Phone was great because it was good on a relatively weak phone like a Lumia 720 but their newer phones on the $300 and lower phones don't look all that good. They're still coming out with 512mb of memory and on my 720 that thing would crash occasionally. Budget Android phones are looking about just as good as cheap WP phones in terms of fluidity.

Budget Android phones will be even smoother when A53 phones come out. As the lower end gets stronger the selling point of Windows Phone on low end hardware becomes less pronounced. I'm on a Note II I bought used for cheap off a friend and this thing hasn't had me feeling like I need huger power gains. A53's are supposed to be as powerful as A9's and even better after the die shrinks past 28nm plus Android is constantly getting more fluid. My main reason to go Windows Phone so I can get a smooth experience on a budget has pretty much dried up now. They'd have to seriously drive up adoption so it can have closer app parity before I switch back and that's with me already having a largely high opinion of Windows Phone.

rav813

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Went from iOS to Android to Windows Phone 8 to Android to BlackBerry 10. Gonna stick with BlackBerry 10 for now

Posted via Android Central App

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have in the past. Always switching between iOS and Android! Something always pulls Me back and I think it's the fact that my wife and in laws all have iPhone and I'm consistently out of the group iMessage loop but I think I might be over that for good this time!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

z33dev33l

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I try often to go back to Android but I'm often dissuaded by the build quality of devices or crappy software like everything Samsung has ever done. At the end of the day, I'm more about user experience than specs or customization. The Moto X series are probably the highest quality Android devices at present but who knows if that fact will remain post-Lenovo... I'm just constantly deterred.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have only ever had Android devices but the only way I would try other platforms is

1.) iOS allows micro SD card slots

2.) Windows Phone gets a decent non phablet on Verizon with a micro SD card slot with Google Services

3.) BlackBerry makes Android app support better with Google Services and they get a true Z10 successor with the same screen size.

Otherwise, I will keep chugging along with Android.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I remain open to iOS and Windows Phone (provided the app ecosystem ever matures) but Android is home. ...its earned that.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I love my Note 3 currently but I'd be lying if I said I'm not curious about the iPhone 6

One of the reasons I left iOS to the Note3 is because I wanted a bigger screen. If the iPhone 6 will have the 5.5" screen I may have to check it out. It Sucks my wife and almost everyone I know is still rocking the iPhone and in the iOS ecosystem...

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love gadgets but if I'm being honest, I would go back to my blackberry curve 8330 in a heartbeat if there was a way to make it relevant again. I loved the crap out of that phone. Track ball ftw! 😁😁😁

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy for a bit with my Samsung phones. We'll have to see how long it is before I get the itch to switch things up again.

Hi5 from the sV

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Had BB, loved it for a time. Since Android though, I'm monogamous. Never felt a thing for iOS. Not even a passing fling. 😊

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I love my Note 3 currently but I'd be lying if I said I'm not curious about the iPhone 6

One of the reasons I left iOS to the Note3 is because I wanted a bigger screen. If the iPhone 6 will have the 5.5" screen I may have to check it out. It Sucks my wife and almost everyone I know is still rocking the iPhone and in the iOS ecosystem...

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

EXACTLY this^^^.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love gadgets but if I'm being honest, I would go back to my blackberry curve 8330 in a heartbeat if there was a way to make it relevant again. I loved the crap out of that phone. Track ball ftw! ??????????????????

Mee Too. The 8330 was my first smartphone and how I loved it so much....SMILE

- - - Updated - - -

I absolutely love gadgets but if I'm being honest, I would go back to my blackberry curve 8330 in a heartbeat if there was a way to make it relevant again. I loved the crap out of that phone. Track ball ftw! 😁😁😁

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the itch to switch but I think it's more a function of the fact that I just switched back from iOS and there just so many Android devices to try! There's absolutely nothing wrong with this G2 though and no plausible reason to jump ship!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the itch to switch but I think it's more a function of the fact that I just switched back from iOS and there just so many Android devices to try! There's absolutely nothing wrong with this G2 though and no plausible reason to jump ship!

Yeahp, that G2 is indeed a stellar phone. LG is doing awesomeness.

Hi5 from the sV

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Now how in the world did that double post happen? You would think I'm some kind of ROOKIE (Newbie)....LOL

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
No because then I'd have to endure ignorant, uneducated, and patently false crap from people on other OS forums like this:

while i agree with microsoft not using anything android on their devices,i must also mention,WP will run android apps better than android because of lower resource usage than android,biggest example is BB10 which runs most non-google android apps better than its similiar android counterparts and even the dual core z10 runs better than most quad core androids same with wp

lol. just lol.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17