Xiaomi UK

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Samsung and Apple are 1 and 2, the same as every other developed nation lol.

Huawei used to be number 3 until the US decided maybe free markets shouldn't be a thing after all.

Actually I believe Apple just passed Samsung in the US for #1. I think it's because Sammies trying to price match, and in some cases price above Apple. They're going to lose that battle every time lol. That's why I was curious about the UK. It sounds like you guys don't worship at the Altar of Apple like us Americanos seem to ;)

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Actually I believe Apple just passed Samsung in the US for #1. I think it's because Sammies trying to price match, and in some cases price above Apple. They're going to lose that battle every time lol. That's why I was curious about the UK. It sounds like you guys don't worship at the Altar of Apple like us Americanos seem to ;)
In my opinion, it's peer pressure among the younger generation that is the main source of Apples sales in the UK. Those of us who are older and wiser prefer something that works properly and is controllable. Another factor is that our carriers seem to be far more flexible over here, they are not deeply into Samsung and Apple's pockets like they appear to be in the State's.
This is the main reason Xiaomi haven't pushed into North America, they wouldn't stand a chance with the carriers. This coupled with the fact that Americans obtain phones mainly on contracts instead of purchasing outright.

Sent from my [Redmi Note 10 Pro] using AC Forums mobile app

Reactions: Madd62

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Apple are pretty much as big here as in the US, but they don't seem to have the same cultish grip here. I suspect it's because EVERYONE here uses FB messenger and What'sApp, so iMessage really isn't that big of a deal.

I have joked a few times in other threads that I don't text people who have iPhones... that is actually true lol, but it's just because I message them on FB or some such.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, it's peer pressure among the younger generation that is the main source of Apples sales in the UK. Those of us who are older and wiser prefer something that works properly and is controllable. Another factor is that our carriers seem to be far more flexible over here, they are not deeply into Samsung and Apple's pockets like they appear to be in the State's.
This is the main reason Xiaomi haven't pushed into North America, they wouldn't stand a chance with the carriers. This coupled with the fact that Americans obtain phones mainly on contracts instead of purchasing outright.

Sent from my [Redmi Note 10 Pro] using AC Forums mobile app
What I found interesting is that when I was at my hairstylist she told me that her teenage son is switching from iPhone to S23 Ultra. Apparently, it's for the camera. He likes taking photos of the moon and other nighttime photos.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz