Xoom--will Ipad 2 announcement have an effect?

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
1GB might be plenty for the iphone when your not really doing much, but once you get around with the XOOM, there is alot of DATA hogging. Youtube HQ and Online Game Play just to name a few-

i hear you ....but think about it ..how is that any different than on an iphone

you can do all those same things on there too

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i hear you ....but think about it ..how is that any different than on an iphone

you can do all those same things on there too

idk but ppl at CES killed the 1G DATA via LTE Test in under 30mins. Im not quite sure what they were doing but would like to know :D

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
20110302-10175350--img4510.jpg

If it wasn't for copycats we all would still be driving Ford Model-Ts.

First doesn't make you the best, only the first.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
your best combo, ditch the Data Plan and Wifi or/and Bluetooth Tether-

xoom-tether-600x399.jpg
I would much rather just run my Xoom on a $20 dataplan when I am not at a WiFi spot. I think the ideal is internet access without all the dependencies. But I get where you are going with this, but it is no ideal.

watchout4d

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
if your going to buy the 3g version of the ipad your obv. going to get the data plan

otherwise what's the point of getting it??

at the end of the day its all the same thing ..like i said the price isnt the problem its the lack of a wifi only model

Only 30 percent of people who bought the 3G iPad version actually activated it. Only 10 percent of all ipads have active 3G service. Which makes Moto seem dumb for their strategy.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I would much rather just run my Xoom on a $20 dataplan when I am not at a WiFi spot. I think the ideal is internet access without all the dependencies. But I get where you are going with this, but it is no ideal.

i see where your coming from but check it. Your Phone is on you 100% of the time, well for me it is.
My Wifi/Bluetooth Tether is free via Root. I already pay $30bux for unlimited Data on my Droid X, im not bout to pay a extra $20 for a 1gb capped service.

my .02

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Only 30 percent of people who bought the 3G iPad version actually activated it. Only 10 percent of all ipads have active 3G service. Which makes Moto seem dumb for their strategy.

If those figures are true then 70% of the people who bought 3g I pads are total morons

Why pay more for it if you aren't going to use it? ??

XzombieX66

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Was just watching the live event, I have to say im not that impressed. being thinner is nice, so they did good there besides some updated apps the only big thing is the dual core processor and the camera. I love how he sorta made fun of Honeycomb for only having a certain amount of apps, Dude its been out for not even a week. Ipad had **** for apps when it came out. To me its jus the same ole boring iOS that hasn't been updated. The HDMI adapter cracks me up 40.00 for that thing.. and the case/cover Cool idea but looks like ****, Jobs was about to have a heart attack over that cheap flimsy looking thing, protection for the front, but how about the rest? Overall i can see why its cheaper for the ipad than the xoom, Dont get me wrong i love apple products but ios is ****, and they need to open it up without having to hack it.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, but unless Motorola releases a much cheaper WiFi-only Xoom soon, this thing is dead in the water.

Why would the average consumer buy a $799 tablet when there's a $499 dual core tablet available right next to it?

sammy123

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Xoom needs apps and a price more online with the iPad. Until then, it doesn't compare. Who cares how many apps the iPad had when it came out, the Xoom is competing with it now, not then

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i see where your coming from but check it. Your Phone is on you 100% of the time, well for me it is.
My Wifi/Bluetooth Tether is free via Root. I already pay $30bux for unlimited Data on my Droid X, im not bout to pay a extra $20 for a 1gb capped service.

my .02

I get you are saving money, but just he process of teathering everytime I want data is not ideal. Granted most of my use is WiFi at home and work I won't use too much of that 1GB, but having it just turn on and work when I want it is better for me.

willray411

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Well now that the IPad 2 updated specs and same pricing has been released I'm not buying a Xoom till there is a significant price drop. I love android so much, but this is apple's second time making the same tablet. They made it pretty much as good as its going to get. Sure they could add a little more ram in it, but really Motorola, you are about to get blown out of the water if you don't change your pricing. I feel like I'm a traitor to my droid x and everything we've done together but I don't need a full blown computer, just a couch tablet that can make things more convenient at a reasonable price.

Reactions: joker42179

eallan

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Was just watching the live event, I have to say im not that impressed. being thinner is nice, so they did good there besides some updated apps the only big thing is the dual core processor and the camera. I love how he sorta made fun of Honeycomb for only having a certain amount of apps, Dude its been out for not even a week. Ipad had **** for apps when it came out. To me its jus the same ole boring iOS that hasn't been updated. The HDMI adapter cracks me up 40.00 for that thing.. and the case/cover Cool idea but looks like ****, Jobs was about to have a heart attack over that cheap flimsy looking thing, protection for the front, but how about the rest? Overall i can see why its cheaper for the ipad than the xoom, Dont get me wrong i love apple products but ios is ****, and they need to open it up without having to hack it.

It's a valid point. If you buy a tablet today, you have a choice of Thousands of apps, or 100.

It's irrelevant how long honeycomb has been out. Apple started this party, they definitely deserve credit where it's due.

markot86

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but unless Motorola releases a much cheaper WiFi-only Xoom soon, this thing is dead in the water.

Why would the average consumer buy a $799 tablet when there's a $499 dual core tablet available right next to it?
I know mine will be going back to verizon this week. I knew that the new I pad would be impressive but I had no idea they were going to be that good. Shame on me for being an early adopter I guess..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174