Yahoo email not working with Email app

angela george1

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Not receiving Yahoo emails which you are expecting can be a little bit worried. There are possibilities that your account has some issues. To fix this problem in your email app:
1)If you are having an issue with the app reboot the device, it is possible that the app may be corrupted. But if you install a fresh copy then it can resolve the issue.
2)Check that your device has access to every network.
3)You need to install or uninstall the Yahoo app.
3)Check your Email filters.
Try these steps and still you are facing problem then you can refer to the given link:
[dead link]

Last edited by a moderator:

Portia2cool

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
I had to use my browser and sign into my acc. Go to acc info.then go to acc. Security, i had my "allow apps that uses less secure sign in" off. I turned it on then i started to access my mail on my android phone

BammerNJ

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
I've posted this on other similar threads.
How I fix this Issue.

I have 6 different emails set up on my Droid Max and I had the same issue with my Droid X. Periodically for no reason my email accounts will start giving me messages that it can't log in. It may happen to one or two of them or all six of them will suddenly not want to log in. Sometimes, if I ignore it, it resolves it's self but I can't go 24 hours without being able to get to my emails via my phone. It's a real PIA.
My experience is, this has nothing at all to do with the settings on your phone. How could it be, I've set up my accounts and used them for months and months with no problem and then boom all of the sudden something changes?

Here is what I found that has worked for me.
Log onto your Yahoo account.
There are several ways to do this. I usually just log onto the Yahoo email for whichever account is giving me issues.
Go to the "gear" icon in the upper right hand corner and select "account info"
It's currently the last selection on that list. It will make you log into your account.
Go to the "Account Security" menu option on the left.
On the bottom of this screen is an option for "Allow Apps that Use Less Security Sign In" mine is always set to "On",
Turn this "OFF"
click on the "Preferences" menu option, let that screen load. click on the "Recent Activity" menu option, let that screen load

click back on the "Account Security" menu option and turn that same option "Allow Apps that Use Less Security Sign In" back to "On"

Now close the "Account" screen and go back to your email screen. You should see two emails from Yahoo stating your Account Options have changed. Once I see these two emails, I go back to my phone and it is usually working again and I can see the two emails from Yahoo that I was just talking about.

I can't explain why this works, I just know it always seems to fix the issue for me. I think something in Yahoo's security utilities gets confused and until you turn it off and restart it, you're jammed up.

Hope this helps some of those having this issue

***Update***
I think this might be Yahoo’s way to get you to use their mail app. Recently Yahoo mail has implemented this annoying pop up, every time you log into Yahoo mail (on a computer) you get this msg that wants you to turn off “Less Secure” applications. If you use the basic mail app on your phone you get this msg all the time now. If you use the Yahoo mail app you don’t get this annoying message. I guess they figure if they make it annoying for you to use other apps you’ll finally give in and use their app.

***Update July 2017
So, I've been fine for over 4 months. No issues (except for the constant popup in Yahoo mail every time I log on with my laptop) then last Friday I suddenly start getting "could not sign in" messages on my phone. This has worked it's way through every Yahoo mail account I have set up on my phone using the base android email app. So far, I've just been swiping away the message and I'm still getting my emails. I'm waiting to see at some point if that will not longer be the case and I'll have to perform my process above.

Last edited:

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes and no. This is the idea that Yahoo wants to use their app or an app vetted by them. MailDroid, our app is basically the only third party app (excluding the Gmail app) that was given the secure access and has the ability to connect to Yahoo Mail using oAuth2.

Len Yabloko

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
I have this problem every once in a while and it goes away all by itself. Last time it happened yesterday night and I tried all passwords I could think of without any luck.This morning it was back like nothing happened. So I wonder if may be this wad a fishing attack to get all my passwords. What do you think?

kaicho

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
If you were trying to sign in, then please take one of these actions:

Option 1 (recommended): Use mail.yahoo.com or the Yahoo Mail app for Android and iOS to more securely access your account.

Option 2 (not recommended): If you still want to use an app that uses less secure sign in to your Yahoo account:

Click here: https://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps

Turn on "Allow apps that use less secure sign in"

Go back to your existing email application and sign in to your Yahoo account again.

Using apps that don't meet Yahoo's recommended security standards may leave your account more vulnerable or less secure.

If you did not try to sign in, then click here https://edit.yahoo.com/config/change_pw and change the password for your account.

For more information, visit our help page at: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln26418.html.

Sincerely,
Yahoo

Did not work!

Android native email app does not work anymore with yahoo. I don't want to use so many email apps for each account. Will Gmail app work? If not good bye Yahoo...more than 17+ years; also selling all my stocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali