Yay, SwiftKey 3 is now fixed!

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let you know the latest version fixed the latency issues. I was using Smart keyboard pro but have always loved SwiftKey and have the tablet version and like the consistency of the same function key layouts.

It was unusable before and constantly missing letters but perfect now!

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Odd that you mention this. I just installed SwiftKey 3 last night and so far it's pretty nice. The predictability is excellent.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand Swiftkey. The reason why, is because when I go back to correct a word, it inserts the correct word, but keeps the last half of the incorrect word within the text. I HATE that. If it wouldn't do that, i'd use swiftkey all the time. Is there a setting i'm missing that will disable that senseless feature?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I just don't "get" Swiftkey but I've forced myself to use it for about 3 months now, and I still like Swype better.

It just seems like no matter which "tap" keyboard I use, my thumbs/fingers are never accurate enough to type a word. Sure, Swype is ok at predicting the next word, but it only predicts it about 50% of the time, whereas Swype is quicker to me, and it seems to know common words pretty well, even when I swipe fast.

Is it just that there are Swiftkey users and then there are Swype users, and no one likes both?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand Swiftkey. The reason why, is because when I go back to correct a word, it inserts the correct word, but keeps the last half of the incorrect word within the text. I HATE that. If it wouldn't do that, i'd use swiftkey all the time. Is there a setting i'm missing that will disable that senseless feature?

Make sure your cursor is at the end of the word when you choose the correction, it only changes what is BEFORE the cursor for whatever reason

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)