You gonna Flip naked?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I mean..the screen is protected on itself when closed and carried. (or it can be)

How many gonna put a case on their hip new flip?

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was naked for 3 days and Actually disliked the phone. It was slippery and flipping it open One-handed was difficult. Now that I have a case it fixed both those problems. Now I’m enjoying my phone a lot more because of a case

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I will have to see how slippery…my other Fold is naked …I did take two cases with promotion but if ok I will sell them

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Phones today are just entirely too expensive to carry unprotected, especially if you work in areas that could be hazardous to your phone. I've seen way too many of them that have suffered even where there aren't a lot of hazards.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I'm using the leather case from Samsung. Highly recommended it.
I ordered one leather and Aramid.. Good to hear
Phones today are just entirely too expensive to carry unprotected, especially if you work in areas that could be hazardous to your phone. I've seen way too many of them that have suffered even where there aren't a lot of hazards.
Most definitely agree... I work with computer so behind the desk makes it easy... Only slips have been my lapses like leaving in loose shorts then sitting down and flop to concrete haha.. One time I left it on my lap while driving and when I stopped forgot and it went flying lol.. I'm much better nowadays

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone gotten a case yet for their device? I feel like we're all naked right now lol.
I got the Samsung silicon and aramid case using the pre order promotion credits while ordering. Using the silicon case currently since it's more grippy than the aramid case.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm definitely keeping mine in a case, I drop stuff fairly often. I have two cases so far, both matte in finish. Still feels thin but I know it's protected.

wunay

Aug 31, 2021
Visit site
I have had the Galaxy Z flip from its inception and have always used a case from day 1. Original Z Flip I used a case from Casemate, and with the Z Flip 3 I am using the Spigen Tough Armor Case which gives plenty of protection. The Casemate did not allow easy access to the Fingerprint though.
Overall I am more than pleased with the Z Flip.
I do not think that the cases from Samsung give as much protection although they may look better.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
"Hip new Flip" - I like that.

If I had one, I would. I'd like the extra security. But I'd try to make the case as slim and maybe even as transparent as possible, to show off the colour and still retain some of its original feel.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
We all should as Samsung gave us Care+ for free for a year, some got two.
It's not like replacements are free if you break the glass that we don't have to worry just because we have Samsung Care+. Still you need to pay $250 for cracked screens.

ef9facec5ab9fc7a91565f240e8b76cd.jpg

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
It's not like replacements are free if you break the glass that we don't have to worry just because we have Samsung Care+. Still you need to pay $250 for cracked screens.

ef9facec5ab9fc7a91565f240e8b76cd.jpg

Outside screens are less which is nice I think like $99 and $149 respectively..

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is this only available to folks that purchased directly from Samsung?

I got mine from the carrier.
In the US, yes you should have bought from Samsung.com and add the free year care+ during the pre-order. If you didn't do that when buying from Samsung.com then you can't get the free year. But you can get the paid monthly Care+ even if you bought from carrier. You can enroll via Samsung members app.

Some other countries, they had the option to add the free Care+ even after receiving the phone. But unfortunately in the US that's not an option.

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
In the US, yes you should have bought from Samsung.com and add the free year care+ during the pre-order. If you didn't do that when buying from Samsung.com then you can't get the free year. But you can get the paid monthly Care+ even if you bought from carrier. You can enroll via Samsung members app.

Some other countries, they had the option to add the free Care+ even after receiving the phone. But unfortunately in the US that's not an option.
I didn't see it when I preordered. Sammy should have added it by default. Kinda sneaky of them... ugh! I got insurance through Verizon so guess I'll have to go that route if I have issues.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Naked, well the leather case is sweet however that 4 piece whitestone dome, should arrive anytime and I may use 3 of the 4 pieces. Will not change inner screen yet. Whitestone dome is as close to naked as I get!