Your battery life?

My battery charge keeps:

• Total voters

LastAtaman

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Does anybody use a replacement battery with high capacity?
I bought i9195 and battery life very disapointed me. My OS is optimized and I am not using my phone actively and the battery still cann't live out more than 24 hours. Is it normal?
I am looking for any solutions to replace this battery with the same size.
What can you advise?

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Does anybody use a replacement battery with high capacity?
I bought i9195 and battery life very disapointed me. My OS is optimized and I am not using my phone actively and the battery still cann't live out more than 24 hours. Is it normal?

Yes, unfortunately it is 'normal'. You will have to learn to live with it like we all have. And keep your phone on the charger whenever you're at home, in the car, or at work.

I am looking for any solutions to replace this battery with the same size.

Why? Replacing this battery with one the same size will get you the same behavior and limitations.

LastAtaman

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Why? Replacing this battery with one the same size will get you the same behavior and limitations.

I thought that I bought a new phone with a fake or used battery.
Hope that s6 mini will come with a good battery in the near future :).

cty68955

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't use my phone a lot for voice. Hardly ever use mobile data, but I use wi-fi probably a little bit everyday. I don't talk very much and mainly just do texting, I can get a good 3 days out of my battery, sometimes 4 on standby. I keep wi-fi and mobile data off whenever I'm not using them being as its so easy to turn on and off.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't use my phone a lot for voice. Hardly ever use mobile data, but I use wi-fi probably a little bit everyday. I don't talk very much and mainly just do texting, I can get a good 3 days out of my battery, sometimes 4 on standby. I keep wi-fi and mobile data off whenever I'm not using them being as its so easy to turn on and off.

I'll wager a bet that you're not the typical user... :)

LastAtaman

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

Optimized for what? Apparently not for battery life. Have you seen posts by mdawdy after his S4 Mini was optimized for battery life?
I meant that I disabled and stopped all unecessary background services. My phone is still has no root.

Thanks for the link.

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
...stopped all unecessary background services...

Good. But, do they stay stop'd? I have to stop a bunch of Google services every night, because these become dis-services while I'm sleeping. For example, Nearby Service does not need to be looking around for any near field communication overnight. I don't even want it using resources in the daytime either! Unfortunately, some of the apps I luv and use regularly have features that cause stop'd services to start running. Worse, nearly every time I go to the Play Store, the next morning my battery will probably show about 20 to 25% drain'd overnight. A re-start has help'd some times, and eventually my S4 Mini is back to normal, with only 2% overnight drop. Like this:
BattyOnite.png

Battery was at 97% when shutting down for the night, and at 95% first thing next morning. For unknown reason, the processor was awake for almost an hour in the middle of the night. But it didn't tax the battery THIS time. You get to this graph via:

Settings > More > Battery

And then, tap on that graph's gray area to get to this next graph.

LastAtaman

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Good to know about this graph stats, I'll check it tomorrow.
2% overnight drop in a flight mode = unbelivable :)), flight mode in my device doesn't help me, it discharges ~30% of battery for 8-9 hours.

Good. But, do they stay stop'd?

I belive that some of them really have been stopped, I also downloaded Android Assistant where I tried to stop autorun of unusable services.

LastAtaman

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
xPJhHU.png

Zf7dZE.png

Wm7Long

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Outch! Awfully steep and steady drop. The quick triple drop located midway is understandable because of the corresponding 3 short time intervals of screen on also midway. That last 'screen on' would maybe your alarm, I suppose. But why should there be 3 awake periods before the alarm, and 2 more after? Most troublesome is that the graph never levels out, indicating SOMEthing is causing a continuous battery power leak.

BTW thanks for the link to Android Assistant, major bag of tricks and only 99¢ for pro version. I've been using Greenify to 'hibernate' stubborn apps that otherwise keep starting themselves in the background, and then causing some of the Google (dis)services I had stop'd to start running again. Another app I've tried (but not gotten anything useful from) is Wakelock Detector. It can give some clues, but the info often contradicts Android's own battery stats info.

LastAtaman

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
The screen on graph it's ok, I turned on at flight mode to check some details and the last "screen on" it's alaram you're right. I cann't understand what does "awake" mean.

petermoe1963

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
A poll "how long does your battery last?" is like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

A much better test would be a "benchmark test" for the batter with results like "35 hours playing music with screen off", "3.5 hours watching HD video", "5 hours browsing the internet". Or a "score" for the battery performance, similar to CPU performance.
Anyone aware of a test like that?

So far I'm very happy with the S4 Mini, my version is the GT-i9195.

I consider myself a medium/heavy user. I have WiFi on at work and at home and often Bluetooth in the car. I'll make a fair few phone calls, check my emails a dozen times a day, play music or podcasts an hour or two (with the screen off) and watch a short video now and again. Also do maybe an hour of Internet/Google searches kind of use.

My battery is usually down to 20-30% when I put it on the charger at night.

I find the S4 Mini is a nice snappy phone, overall a good performer and good value for money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024