Your Phone As a Computer

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I love mobile. I've always loved mobile. And I love how our smartphones can just nearly replace our computers for day to day use. I haven't had 50+ smartphones in my lifetime but I have had my fair share.

The thing is that I wanted my phone to feel MORE like a computer as far as the launcher. I've used Action Launcher 3, which to me is by far the best launcher out there. But for unlimited access (or what seems to be unlimited access) to my files and other things I found a new launcher!

Screenshots below. It's called computer launcher and I completely fell in love with it. It's pretty much a mock-up of windows 10, but it's awesome. Just thought I'd share. Action Launcher IMHO is still the best for customization, however for overall use and access, I love this one.

Ignore the ad's. Didn't bother to check how much the app costs, but I imagine buying the paid version gets rid of the ads.

Attachments

• 37655.jpg
    37655.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 42

rhapdog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. Now, if only they could put the whole thing in a DOS environment for us old-school folks that still do everything from the command line. Okay, just kidding. I'd hate that, really.

I saw the title of the thread and thought I might have found something in common with someone. I routinely set my phone on a docking stand and use a keyboard and mouse with it, and even attach an external 1TB HDD. Using Bose Bluetooth speakers are nice. I do have a portable 8" tablet that allows me to cast my phone's screen to it which gives me a larger screen experience and makes it feel like a small computer.

I suppose if I skinned it with that launcher, people would think I really was using a computer.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Looks different. I'm personally not into it, but it's cool that you can take a launcher to this level of customization.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks really cool. I'm more of a 'Today Screen' type of guy, need to see my calender, news and weather.

Love be how you have it setup like a desktop though.

Red_Star

Oct 14, 2017
Visit site
I really adore in case of smartphones how close they became to original computers. But it can't replace for me my laptop, for work and entertainment I can use comfortably only it. Besides smartphones need battery charging so often, that it makes no sense to listen to music on them or watch videos. And yeah, small screen for the last one is a minus too :p

JHouseCards

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I was a Windows fan in the day but not really up for retro looking my Nexus 6.

However, that would change if could have an Android device that pilots a full monitor and keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan