YouTube ads

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The youtube double ads are not something new and they have been around since like 11/2018 at least that's what a quick google search said.Since I'm not paying for youtube premium I have them as well and they are super annoying. Unfortunately that's what we have to live with if we want free music, it costs money for companies like youtube, spotify to give us free music.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
It's a relatively new modification to YouTube's ads. I noticed that as well -- many times, the first ad has to be watched all the way through (usually no longer than 10 seconds), and then the second ad can be skipped after 5 seconds.

And YouTube thinks people actually watch these ads LOL. I just get busy doing other things and till that nonsense is over

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's the same story for any service, really. At least they're short and can be skipped. The ads on Twitch seem endless, if you don't subscribe to a channel.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Are they both running the same version of YouTube?
So I finally remembered and looked it up. It wasn't when I did it earlier. Updated my S10+, now it's the same version. But out of the five times, only the first time did I get a ad (it was a 1min ad so it's the normal occasionally one). The rest went straight to the video.

So yeah I do think they're testing it on certain models.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
It's a relatively new modification to YouTube's ads. I noticed that as well -- many times, the first ad has to be watched all the way through (usually no longer than 10 seconds), and then the second ad can be skipped after 5 seconds.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Funny, because on my newer TV , it plays those adds as well as adds Midway through some YouTube videos. But on my older Vizio TV I never get any adds midway through a video. Must be the YouTube software version that came with the TV wouldn't you think?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Could be the software, or like we were saying above, might also be the device. Hard to say when it comes to Google voodoo!:p

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Could be the software, or like we were saying above, might also be the device. Hard to say when it comes to Google voodoo!:p

Google's witchcraft knows no bounds. LOL

This is sorta on, but off topic. Say I'm paying for YouTube Premium, how do those creators get paid since there are no ads on YouTube Premium? Does Google pay those people as if the ads were played, or does the creator get a percentage of a percentage of the subscription I'm paying for?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Google's witchcraft knows no bounds. LOL

This is sorta on, but off topic. Say I'm paying for YouTube Premium, how do those creators get paid since there are no ads on YouTube Premium? Does Google pay those people as if the ads were played, or does the creator get a percentage of a percentage of the subscription I'm paying for?
They get paid certain percentage of every YouTube premium views, I recall some YouTuber mentioning it. Most likely the non premium views get more revenue via ads.