Youtube videos lagging

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It seems the S7 Edge can't handle playing YouTube videos in HD. Anything 1080p and higher it lags and stalls playing the video but you hear the sound. Does anyone else have this issue or tried it? My Note 5 works like a champ. And this is a fresh install.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I uninstalled the youtube updates and using the one that came on the phone and it works fine. Any ideas why that would work?

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I uninstalled the youtube updates and using the one that came on the phone and it works fine. Any ideas why that would work?

I tried that and it didn't help me. Still get some stuttering after a minute when I set YouTube videos to 1440p.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this applies to anyone here, but my T-Mobile s7 edge had binge on turned on out of the box. It makes no sense since I'm on an unlimited plan, but my YouTube videos played like they should after I turned it off.

gnuser

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
This issue needs a patch. Lag is more pronounced for some than others. In an age where Netflix is streamed over 4G these days, lag is inexcusable. Samsung needs to take testing seriously. Great engineers putting out a product but need to test a little more.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this applies to anyone here, but my T-Mobile s7 edge had binge on turned on out of the box. It makes no sense since I'm on an unlimited plan, but my YouTube videos played like they should after I turned it off.
It makes plenty of sense for t-mobile. Also turned it off and have no issues.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Same thing, my youtube videos will freeze and i have to click home and then back to youtube and it will unfreeze

Posted via the Android Central App

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Try creating a short cut from browser for you Tube and using that instead. See if that helps. I have had nothing but trouble with Google play and you tube. Turning router to ipv4 only is the most given answer. If it is happening over data I can not help as I have had no issues with data. My only other success has been with a vpn app.It helps on the home wifi that is causing my problem. I don't have trouble any where else so far.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Makes plenty of sense. Binge reports that you're on high speed internet - then switches you to lower speed. That speed difference is what gets reported as lag, and you see it as the phone doing nothing, waiting for more video to come down the lower speed pipe.

Great advertising idea, but cutting your head off is NOT a great cure for a headache.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else experiencing lag turn off "Annotations and in-video notifications" on the YouTube desktop site settings? I turned it back on and it may have fixed the issue, although the issue was somewhat sporadic before so it could be coincidence.

omgabunny

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the ATT S7 Edge and I've noticed the "stuttering" when I'm streaming at 1440p. Audio continues but the video can hang up at times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgegerta08