Z4 Root & Wireless Tether

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For those who have used Z4 Root and added the Wireless Tether app, I just want to toss out some helpful info.

Z4 root works great and so far I have used it successfully on several Droid X's, mine included.

The Wireless Tether app will provide a good internet connection with very good surfing speed. BUT, it will not disconnect when you tap the icon to shut off the connection. Force closing the app also does NOT terminate the connection or discoverability of your Droid as a WIFI hot spot. I have tested this on two Droids in the same room. But I have figured out a solution.

#1. Of course you should enable encryption so a password must be supplied in order to obtain a WIFI connection from your Droid.

#2. When access is no longer needed, FORCE CLOSE the app and reboot your Droid. This will ensure your phone is no longer an active WIFI hot spot. I am also sure this will end battery drain by the app as well.

The Wireless Tether app is great. I just wish it worked better, allowing tap deactivation without the necessity to reboot the phone to close the app out. But hey, for free WIFI on the fly I am not gonna kick this app out of bed for eating crackers....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genxathletix