ZAGG InvisibleShield Ultra Clear+ Screen Protector

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Thought I'd post that I had a surprisingly good experience installing the $29.99 ZAGG InvisibleShield Ultra Clear+ Screen Protector for edge+, which I believe may only be available directly from Verizon right now, since I don't see it on ZAGG's site or Amazon. TIP: Verizon Up $10 off award towards select accessories can be applied to this product.

Using ZAGG's clever "EZ Tray" for alignment and squeegee, the protector applied dry with zero bubbles on the main screen face, and only a few "micro-bubbles" on the waterfall edges, only one of which has persisted for a day and a half now, I think caused by a spec of dust I missed.

Truly "invisible", I can't tell it's there visually except for that one minor edge speck. To the touch, it has more of a semi-soft plastic feel vs. the original Gorilla Glass, though gestures and fingerprint are all fine, and so far no indentations or scratches, though they seem likely to occur. We'll see how well Zagg's "self healing" claim works, if so.

To anyone questioning whether the edge+ Gorilla Glass 5 needs screen protection, I'll mention that close up inspection under a bright desk lamp revealed a couple faint scratches in the glass, after 3 weeks of gentle unprotected use, incl. carrying in pocket.

I'll update this post if anything changes. Based on past experience with TPU and other plastic screen protectors, I'm concerned about eventual peeling, but this product may fare better since there aren't really spots where fingers regularly contact the protector edges. If that happens, I'll put the ZAGG lifetime warranty to the test.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this. I got some genetic plastic ones but haven't put them on yet. Apparently Gorilla glass with each iteration is becoming more break resistant but less scratch resistant.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this. I got some genetic plastic ones but haven't put them on yet. Apparently Gorilla glass with each iteration is becoming more break resistant but less scratch resistant.
I've heard that but I've also heard that it's a myth.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Update: Over a month later, I can no longer recommend this screen protector. Within two weeks it started showing scratches and dings that are not "self healing", as Zagg promises. And today, sizable bubbles started to appear that are not rubbing out.

Further disappointing, the Zagg lifetime replacement warranty entails US$7.99 shipping and handling, which will not be cost effective if needed multiple times per year to maintain a pleasant looking screen.

Here's hoping some good tempered glass options arrive as Edge becomes more popular worldwide.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
P.S. Wow, and I'd forgotten how nice Gorilla Glass feels, and cleans. Faster with swipe keyboard, too.

Does anyone else use screen protector?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Update: Over a month later, I can no longer recommend this screen protector. Within two weeks it started showing scratches and dings that are not "self healing", as Zagg promises. And today, sizable bubbles started to appear that are not rubbing out.

Further disappointing, the Zagg lifetime replacement warranty entails US$7.99 shipping and handling, which will not be cost effective if needed multiple times per year to maintain a pleasant looking screen.

Here's hoping some good tempered glass options arrive as Edge becomes more popular worldwide.
Self healing only goes so far

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My Wife eventually took hers off. It applied ok but within a week it started peeling on the top left edge. Then one hot and humid day it got like ten times worse and she decided to get rid of it. A couple of days ago I checked out the screen and was surprised to see it holding up well naked. Didn't notice any scratches and she is hard on her stuff.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
A couple of days ago I checked out the screen and was surprised to see it holding up well naked. Didn't notice any scratches and she is hard on her stuff.

I'm noticing some very fine/light scratches, in fact I think I added new one today trying to clean it with a clean cloth, even, sigh.

Going to keep an eye out for new tempered glass options. I'm not sure if Edge and Edge+ have identical screens, would be great if they did for more case and protector options.