Extended Battery not Extended life?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery yesterday and I must say Im very confused. I assumed with it being a bigger battery and all that it would last longer than the stock battery. But I am down 12% this morning already. I wasnt down that much on the stock battery after the night was over. What gives?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you didn't charge the battery fully before using or bought a cheap version of the battery from a 3rd party company because mine last through a 12 hour day with heavy tethering, music streaming and phone use with usually 30 - 40% still left.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Said it was 100% when I pulled it off charge. As for being a 3rd party no I got this straight from Verizon its a HTC OEM battery.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought the extended battery yesterday and I must say Im very confused. I assumed with it being a bigger battery and all that it would last longer than the stock battery. But I am down 12% this morning already. I wasnt down that much on the stock battery after the night was over. What gives?

Extended Battery simply means it extends further out the backside of your phone. ;)

Seriously, these batteries have to be fully charged about 5 times before they give you decent usage.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

Have you calibrated your battery? If not, try that first.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
None of this should even be necessary. I threw my battery on out of the box and my phone was able to last a day. I LOVE IT. I have max brightness, live wallpaper, 4g on and run apps all day with no issues.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread but, Do you guys experience any loss of signal? I had gotten the extended battery last week but kept losing signal when I was indoors in places the normal battery/cover never lost signal. I ended up returning it but I am wondering if it was a defective back case.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
no. i have the extended battery with a thick case on it. still have full service

Same here. With data antennas in the battery door its important to have the door properly seated. If it is the contacts need to be inspected.... Are they bent, dirty, or missing? This applies to stock battery door as well.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My reception is great too. I also change my mind about the battery. It has been off the charger for almost 38 hours and I still have 43% of battery life left,

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well guess I spoke too soon. Not sure what the deal is. I charged it last night and messed with it a bit before bed and it was at 95% when I went to sleep got up this morning, 83% So now its dropping faster than when I got the 40 hours out of it. Weird

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well guess I spoke too soon. Not sure what the deal is. I charged it last night and messed with it a bit before bed and it was at 95% when I went to sleep got up this morning, 83% So now its dropping faster than when I got the 40 hours out of it. Weird

You can check to see what is using your charge by going to:

Settings / About Phone / Battery / Battery Use

It's might be a new app or Assisted Dialling using up your charge...

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No new apps and assisted dialing doesn't show up on the list. Before bed I played a few games on it and such but thats what brought it down to 95%. So it was pretty weird it dropped 12% while I slept. The last time I charged it when I got up it was still 100% with all settings the same. Its very strange.

What is assisted dialing anyway and what does it do exactly?

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No new apps and assisted dialing doesn't show up on the list. Before bed I played a few games on it and such but thats what brought it down to 95%. So it was pretty weird it dropped 12% while I slept. The last time I charged it when I got up it was still 100% with all settings the same. Its very strange.

What is assisted dialing anyway and what does it do exactly?

What was on your list? Display is normally the highest user?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No assisted dialing doesnt show up on the list as a battery user. It is on however but doesnt show up. I still dont know what it actually does.

Yes display is the highest user but with it being off while I slept you would have thought it would have dropped.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread but, Do you guys experience any loss of signal? I had gotten the extended battery last week but kept losing signal when I was indoors in places the normal battery/cover never lost signal. I ended up returning it but I am wondering if it was a defective back case.

Check for both copper conductors on the battery door cover.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing though this morning I charged it back up and kept unplugging and plugging it back in a few times after it said 100% and now im sitting at 84% after over 12 hours off the charger. Makes me wonder if this thing just doesnt know how to charge it to 100% like it says it is to begin with. Before I charged it up last night it was off the charger for like 40hrs and down to 30ish. Who knows, this phone seems to be a bit on the quirky side. What should the extended battery read when you look at the widget when its fully charged? IIRC it said like 4150 this morning when it was done charging.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm at 67% battery after using the phone for 40 minutes and the display has been on for 2 hours. Plus a ton of web browsing and on 4G for 5 of those hours.

Will never go without one.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress