kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I already have a car mount, but I would like to replace the iPhone device holder with one for my TBolt.

Currrently, Proclip doesn't list one for the TBolt. I am wondering if the EVO holder would do the job?

Anybody come from the Evo to the TBolt? Are they the same dimensions?

dpend

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure either, but given how exact ProClip's products are, I would doubt it. I emailed ProClip for an ETA the other day, got a standard response (same one as I got for my DInc!)

"Thank you for your interest in our new products. While we do anticipate making a Holder for the Thunderbolt, due to the large number of new products we are developing, we cannot give a specific date as to when this will be available. As soon as we have a Thunderbolt device in hand, it will need to be sent to our manufacturing facility for development which may take 3-5 weeks. You will be notified by e-mail as soon as the Holder has been received at our warehouse and is ready for online ordering."

Nothing to do but wait... I do wish they would make a fitted mount that would allow me to keep the TB in a case, even if I was forced into a case of their choosing..

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Speaking of car mounts I'm am very interested in one of THESE but I'm not sure if the side grips would interfere with the charging port on the phone. This would be cheap and easy to use and all I would need to do is plug my car charger right into the phone. I was hoping someone here has or has seen one of these and knows whether or not there is enough clearance by the TBolt charge port to still be able to plug in the car charger.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Nothing to do but wait... I do wish they would make a fitted mount that would allow me to keep the TB in a case, even if I was forced into a case of their choosing..

Seidio, I assume, will be doing this for the Thunderbolt. They have a car dock for the EVO 4G that accommodates the Seidio Innocase and charges the phone, etc.

But like you said, it is just a matter of waiting.

dpend

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Good to know, I'll keep an eye out. I like the ProClip because I already have the specific mount for my vehicle, it's much tidier than a windshield/vent mount and in the perfect location. Perhaps I can get the Seidio when it comes out and do some DIY to attach it to my ProClip!

92slammer

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
FYI it usually takes proclip a few months to produce a mount....ive used them in the past and for every new phone ive gotten it takes months for one to be released

dpend

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, ProClip do seem to take a while. Looking at the Seidio innotraveler car kits in detail, one for the Thunderbolt would have to be in landscape (although I guess you could rotate it) what with the charging port on the side, like their one for the Original Droid. The EVO has the charging port on the bottom and is much easier to deal, as are all their other car kits. Let's hope they deem the TB popular enough, like the original droid, to warrant making one for it.

Last edited:

pbody

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt Compatible

ProClip Other Holders - Padded Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel for thicker devices with or without a skin?-?ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

I spoke with one of proclip product managers and they confirmed that this mount would accommodate the Thunderbolt, even with an extended battery. The biggest problem though is that since this mount is universal in nature, it is not perfect for the Tbolt, specifically because it blocks the charge port. I am going nuts not having a car mount for mine and have almost dropped the $40 many times, for this would hold me over. I have held off for this long though so I suppose I will wait a little longer. Hopefully it will come soon!

Other thoughts: I wish they would gauge the popularity of upcoming devices, do their best to get their hands on the mega popular ones (at least a spec drawing if they can't get the actual device), and release the mount when the phone is released. I'd imagine they are losing sales because of the delay. Otherwise, they are an amazing company and make a solid product.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38