Extended Battery in stock now!

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
"The official HTC ThunderBolt Extended Battery with Door has been the best selling accessory for this smartphone (primarily because it nearly doubles the Thunderbolt's relatively lousy battery life).
The only problem is that because the extended battery has been so hugely popular it has been virtually out-of-stock and unavailable to buy anywhere"

1. It's refreshing to see someone state the obvious about the battery life and call it what it is - lousy.

2. People are scrambling to get a battery that will power this phone for a whole day on a single charge.

3. Imagine how many phones HTC could sell if they sold a phone with a STOCK battery that could power the phone as long as the fugly hump pack?

All they need to do is get rid of the kickstand (which they already have on newer phones) and make the body however slightly thicker to accommodate the newly sized battery to fit without a humpback look.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Don't take away my kickstand. I just got 3 1500mah batteries and a wall charger for 12 bux shipped which totals me at 5900mah across 4 batteries, I'll be fine for those long days.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Don't take away my kickstand. I just got 3 1500mah batteries and a wall charger for 12 bux shipped which totals me at 5900mah across 4 batteries, I'll be fine for those long days.

Good, I hate to pay $50 for new batteries that should already come with original phone. Which ones did you get?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

AFirefighter

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered one from Verizon via their chat for 50% off ;-)

"Araceli: Thank you for your patience. What I can do is offer 50% off the battery. The standard battery is $39.99 and the extended battery is $49.99. You will receive 50% this price.
Araceli: Thank you. Your order number is XXXXXX. You will receive the extended battery within 2 business days by FedEx."

Seems like they have 'em in stock too.

trjnberry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I just had to scream this result on some thread. I'm sorry, but 26 hours & I still have 35% left! I'm using Stitcher for streaming podcasts, playing Angry Birds Rio all the time, surfing internet a lot with 4G on when I'm not home. Granted, I got WiFi on at home, but WiFi never did me much good on the stock battery. Neither did the old "turn off the data" trick. The only thing that seemed to work on my stock battery was 3G on always & the phone on standby most of the time. Gosh, I'd get 9 hours on standby & drop all of 5-10%, then use the phone for a hour, surfing web & playing AB Rio, & lose 10-15% of my bat life in that 1 hour. For $50, I'm happy with this accessory purchase. Besides, how much does a 32 GB memory card go for these days? I feel like HTC chose memory over battery life. Can't have everything included, right? Haha! The extended battery is worth it, IMHO.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty