Can I Root and Return?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I want to get a Thunderbolt soon but will need to root it since I tether to my laptop for my internet at home. Is there an app that will root, or do I need to do it manually (not a problem, I've done it before with my current phone, but just wondering)? Once I root, if I decide against the phone (not likely, but just covering my bases), can I return it to stock and return it? I've heard that rooting voids the warranty, but if it's been returned to stock, will they know?

So - in short, can I root, restore and return if necessary?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I want to get a Thunderbolt soon but will need to root it since I tether to my laptop for my internet at home. Is there an app that will root, or do I need to do it manually (not a problem, I've done it before with my current phone, but just wondering)? Once I root, if I decide against the phone (not likely, but just covering my bases), can I return it to stock and return it? I've heard that rooting voids the warranty, but if it's been returned to stock, will they know?

So - in short, can I root, restore and return if necessary?

Yes, you can obtain a stock image that will put S-ON and unroot (and completely wipe the internals). Its the "downgrade" image if you decide to do the root process in a non one-click method. Just put it onto the sdcard (not inside any folder, but in the "root" directory. This is a different root than obtaining root access). Then boot the phone into the bootloader via using a computer with the sdk installed or by powering off the phone and turning it back on while holding down the volume down button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non