KBx315315

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Do this,

How To: Root A HTC Thunderbolt ( Easiest Tutorial / Step by Step ) - YouTube

then this,

Howto: Install a Gingerbread ROM and Gingerbread Radio Part 1 of 2 - YouTube

look for part 2 in description !!!

None of these are mine and shout out to both of these guys. I rooted my Thunderbolt in the past and BRICKED it because I DIDNT read the proper steps and I didnt flash the radio for it to work on Gingerbread, so today I got extremely angry with my thunderbolt and was ready to throw it, when I decided to root and actually read and research into it. I dont know WHAT I was waiting for Im running one of the BAMF roms and I believe this is what the Thunderbolt SHOULDVE been like all along. Again, thank to these youtube videos. Make sure you READ and understand that myself or these youtuber's are NOT responsible for anything that happens to your phone, if you brick it head over to XDA forums there awesome and helped me once. If you do these steps you will enjoy your new phone. :)

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: If you havent already....

I'm curious to know. on a scale between 1 and 10, with 10 being the best,

what do you rate tbolt before root as stock

and what do you rate it after root

thanks

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

For me:

8 before

11 after

Running Gingerbread, Sense 3.0. Everything runs great. No bloat, I have the new Sense swappable keyboard. Over-clocked processor. Love it.
It does take time to get the root done. Make sure you take your time, read-up, and follow directions carefully.... It was more than worth the evening it took.

Reactions: Green_Laser

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I just rooted my TB a couple of days ago and I gotta say I couldn't be happier. I didn't have any of the issues that plagued other devices but I would have rated it a 7 before and 10 after. I can tether, gingeritis 3d VII is a wonderful ROM and my device is just snappier. And battery life is improved.

I struggled with getting the right radio situation the first time so definitely FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.

Happy rooting. :cool:

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

thanks

For me, it was an 8 before, and a 9-10 now depending on which ROM I want. Getting rid of Bloatware was a huge plus for me, but I really enjoy the ability to have Gingerbread and switch between Sense ROM's and AOSP ROM's depending on my flavor of the week. It's kept my phone feeling new and fresh much longer.

deviouslylost

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

thanks

IMO

Stock: 7

Root: 10

This of course my assessment after rooting and running multiple ROMs. I have multiple friends who have the Thunderbolt stock and have no intentions of rooting. They would rate it at a 10 stock.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm loving all the feedback guys!

I need to get reading on how to do it too. I used to shrink and load OS on blackberry storm.. but I know this is different, many more benefits.

so here's a general question, just to learn more how it all works, if one would be rooted and has froyo (for some odd reason and as an example for this question), to get to be on ICS would he have to root to be on 2.3 before going to ICS or could he just go straight from froyo?

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i was curious about the stock thing i didn't have mine more than an hour before rooting and putting a custom rom on (dasbamf now i'm on cm7 really like aosp) it i've wondered what it's like stock!

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

For me:

8 before

11 after

Running Gingerbread, Sense 3.0. Everything runs great. No bloat, I have the new Sense swappable keyboard. Over-clocked processor. Love it.
It does take time to get the root done. Make sure you take your time, read-up, and follow directions carefully.... It was more than worth the evening it took.

What is the Sense swappable keyboard

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I need to get reading on how to do it too. I used to shrink and load OS on blackberry storm.. but I know this is different, many more benefits.

so here's a general question, just to learn more how it all works, if one would be rooted and has froyo (for some odd reason and as an example for this question), to get to be on ICS would he have to root to be on 2.3 before going to ICS or could he just go straight from froyo?

Hey buddy! don't tell me you have been on an Android all these months and aren't rooted yet!?
It took me about two weeks before I built up the courage to do so and now there is no looking back!!

I bought a Fascinate and still LOVE it. It flies like a bat out of hell and the form factor is awesome!!

Too bad there is no BBM though. We haven't chatted in a while. Hope all is well chaveri!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

For the most part, it doesn't really matter what you are currently running vs. what you are upgrading to. Keep in, of course, we're not talking about simple OTA updates here...we're talking about flashing custom ROMs in Recovery.

Most ROM developers will actually recommend that your do a full wipe before installing anyway....

(But once you root you can backup and restore your apps and stuff)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

IMO.

stock: does what it was made to do

Root: Does what you want it to do :)

Excellent post ssethv!!!

Sometimes I think Stock does what they (HTC and Verizon) were able to get to work in their device... on launch date: NO on NFL Mobile, Netflix, Skype, or My Verizon... all of which was either promised, hinted or should have been working on the release date. Of course now with the newer Gingerbread ROMs they all work.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The first video on how to root was great. The second video not so much. It starts by saying it is for beginners so will go through everything step by step. Then it says to boot your phone into recovery mode with no explanation how. Boo.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Hey buddy! don't tell me you have been on an Android all these months and aren't rooted yet!?
It took me about two weeks before I built up the courage to do so and now there is no looking back!!

I bought a Fascinate and still LOVE it. It flies like a bat out of hell and the form factor is awesome!!

Too bad there is no BBM though. We haven't chatted in a while. Hope all is well chaveri!

Hey D!

must give thanks to SushiGuy here for guiding me on how to shrink and load blackberry OS onto a storm :-D! Buddies from Crackberry.com

i will eventually do it and have my device rooted. must find enough time so that i can dedicate for it. i know i need to read a good amount on how to root etc. eventually i'll do it, probably when i get back in town.
i would love to also have sense 3.0 weather etc.
thanks everyone.

Sushiguy, good seeing you around AC too!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a video on how to unroot from this root? Will this particular method work if I try the new ruu first?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty