Lost google info

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Have been using 2.01.605.0- Basic Debloat v2.1.1 for the past week or more, mostly because pretty much everything i need works (visual voicemail, Skype, etc), and have had no issues. But this morning, when i checked my phone, noticed my contacts were not showing up. with further looking, can't access the market, gmail app, as well as the contacts. Looking for either advice on how to get things up and running again, or a rom in which everything works, and is not overly modded.

Thank you.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
When you say you can't access the Market or Gmail app.. what exactly is happening. They wont open or are you getting an error message?

It sounds like your Gmail account is no longer registered with the phone. If you go to Account & Sync.. is your Gmail address listed?

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Gmail would very briefly flash a msg about going to Account & Sync, before it would just close out. Market would just flash a black screen and then back to the home screen. When i went into accounts, there was nothing listed at all for Google. not even an option to add account.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Gmail would very briefly flash a msg about going to Account & Sync, before it would just close out. Market would just flash a black screen and then back to the home screen. When i went into accounts, there was nothing listed at all for Google. not even an option to add account.
two questions about your google acct... can you open your gmail from a computer and do you use G+ ??

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If it helps.. I did the same thing one time. I forget how.. I think I was flashing a rom and something went wrong but I was actually able to delete the gmail account that was used to register my phone.. which normally can't be done. 2 options: flash a backup rom or do a data wipe.

Maybe Seth can help you out better.. I ended up doing a data wipe and reflashing the rom. I wish I could remember how I was able to delete the gmail account because normally its something that can't be done. :)

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If you can still access gmail from a computer than it is your phone like Cyber suggested.

I would say make a nandroid first but it almost seems pointless since you cant get google to work for you (the market and your gmail are connected)... the first thing I would do is make a nandroid(up to you) and then reflash 2.01.605.0- Basic Debloat v2.1.1 and see if you can sign in again during the initial setup.. if you can then your good to go (minus the fact that you have to setup the rest of your phone again)... if you cant, jsut for measure I would try and flash any rom at all just to make certain it isn't debloat ROM (it probly isn't).

I am going to stop here and wait for your reply... if anyone else has any suggestions about this (I have never heard of this happening) don't hesitate to chime in :)

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
for ssethv, yes, can access my gmail account via computer, did that first thing to make sure i hadn't lost my contacts. I do not use G+, never got around to asking for an invite.

Cyber Warrior, that's the thing, i didn't do anything that i recall. everything worked fine, went to bed, woke up, and almost all texts had numbers instead of names, unless the person had their number on facebook. those seemed to be the only ones that had names. Ended up going back to stock for the moment.