Samsung is turning into trash...

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
They are pushing so much to be like that crappy rotten fruit company it is so sad. I am currently looking for a new phone. I have been out of the phone game for some time so when I heard about the Fold phone I was intrigued. I have been a Note user for some time now, well the same Note. I like everything about the Note, it's squareish edges, the s-pen and overall functionality. I thought I would be Note user for the foreseeable future. In my searching around I found out Samsung has stopped the Note line to push the Fold line.

Ok, so I started to dig a little deeper into the Fold, $1800 device no charger, headphones and no s-pen, really? Samsung is not the rotten fruit people, it is why I have always had Samsung phones. I kind of understand the charger thing, if you bought a phone in the last 5 year or so you have at least one decent charger. The headphones leave me slightly sour, in the past I have either lost my set or caught the wire on something and the set got cut. I know these are my fault but it is nice to receive a new set when I get a new phone. Everything I saw or read talked about the s-pen and how well/great it works with the Fold yet it's another $60+ purchase. That hurts a lot, even with the promo AT&T has with an up to $1000 trade-in, it still is too much for me to add on.

I remember in the past Samsung had some great promotions and there is nothing that I can find right now. I remember getting the Galaxy S8? and getting the Gear 360 camera for $50. Just so disappointing to me as Samsung wants to treat us customers like we are trash by following that other company and how they treat their customers.

If there was some kind of promotion or something for the Fold I would jump on it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When i pre-order mine i got a cable for charging no brick

The Spen came with the case as promotional
I get what you mean though:(

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I get what you're saying, but since the note 8, does ground beef still sell for the price it did back then. Everything went up, not just samsung.

Edit..the fold, we all know we are paying for new technology, as that's always the case for everything. It did go down this year with some good promotion's at pre-order.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If you'd jump on the fold during pre orders then you would've received 200 crddit for the Samsung store. Samsung is not to blame for you missing out. Also you can't compare offers from over 5 years ago to present day. They are under no obligation to give things for free(although they still do if you look in the right place).

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
To be fair I personally didn't do too bad out of Samsung Uk when I purchased my Fold 3.

I didn't Pre Order either.

Samsung Fold 3 with a £50 voucher off from Samsung because I showed interest in the phone.

Free Starter Kit that includes the Samsung Leather Flip Cast WITH SPen included.

25w Charging Plug / Brick.

Half price Aramid Cover.

Another £40 voucher was then sent from Samsung UK to reduce the cost of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic if I wanted it.

4 months of free YouTube Premium.

I could also have traded in an eligible device however I generally get a better return selling them privately.

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I remember when the note 7 came with a 256gb micro SD card. With the exploding battery situation I had to return the phone but kept the SD card.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The Fold was never advertised as a Note, it's a new line of product.

Samsung literally stated there would be no Note this year due to the global chip shortage, and considering it's been years since it was an upgrade over the S line it's not much of a loss. The Note 21 would have been an S21 Ultra with an S Pen and smaller battery. S21 Ultra was made compatible with the S Pen it just isn't stored inside the phone.

I agree it sucks, but is it what it is. The Note line is expected to return next year but it's all rumor based regardless.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The Fold was never advertised as a Note, it's a new line of product.

Samsung literally stated there would be no Note this year due to the global chip shortage, and considering it's been years since it was an upgrade over the S line it's not much of a loss. The Note 21 would have been an S21 Ultra with an S Pen and smaller battery. S21 Ultra was made compatible with the S Pen it just isn't stored inside the phone.

I agree it sucks, but is it what it is. The Note line is expected to return next year but it's all rumor based regardless.
Well said. IMO any version of the note will be in the S Series. Samsung has been slowly transitioning the move for a few years now.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Working in retail I more than understand the price of goods is going up, in some cases nearly double. I believe though these manufacturers should be providing the basics at least, like a charging cable and block. Without these there is no charging of the phone.

It's too much like how the other manufacturer does business. They took away all the basics from their phones, then offered them at premium prices. Just big business greed.

I missed any preorder deals since I only recently started looking at getting a replacement phone. I really am out of touch with phones that I did not notice the new releases came out not long ago.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Working in retail I more than understand the price of goods is going up, in some cases nearly double. I believe though these manufacturers should be providing the basics at least, like a charging cable and block. Without these there is no charging of the phone.

It's too much like how the other manufacturer does business. They took away all the basics from their phones, then offered them at premium prices. Just big business greed.

I missed any preorder deals since I only recently started looking at getting a replacement phone. I really am out of touch with phones that I did not notice the new releases came out not long ago.
It's funny you say that working in retail as all of Samsungs flagship devices actually decreased in price by at least 200(some even more). Now would you have rather them keep the prices the same and include a 20 dollar adapter? I for one embrace the cheaper starting price although the removable of the SD card slot and the barely adequate starting memory is a bit annoying. Hopefully they address that moving forward.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
It's funny you say that working in retail as all of Samsungs flagship devices actually decreased in price by at least 200(some even more). Now would you have rather them keep the prices the same and include a 20 dollar adapter? I for one embrace the cheaper starting price although the removable of the SD card slot and the barely adequate starting memory is a bit annoying. Hopefully they address that moving forward.

Have prices gone down? If they have then good. Still feel we are getting gipped.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
At this point almost everyone has a charger. It's better for the environment too that they aren't just shipping chargers all willy nilly. I get it can suck if you haven't upgraded a lot. I've got a million chargers though so it made no difference to me. Also, yes prices have actually gone down some.

anon(10766205)

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
They say that they don't include a charger in order to help the environment? That's a bunch of bs. The landfills ARE NOT riddled with discarded chargers. How do I know this? You say I am wrong? Have any of you ever spent several months scouring thru landfills? No, you have not. Just maybe I spent a long, long time looking for missing corpses in city dumps. Week after bloody week raking and raking and opening trashbags. Never found a corpse. But I don't recall ever finding a charger either. And I have a rather good memory. I remember finding a charging CABLE, but no charger. No phones either. Here ends my rant.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
People have been saying the planet is doomed since the 50's and 60's, yet we all are still revolving around the sun.

I guess there are a lot of people who get the latest greatest phone every year, so yes they probably have chargers everywhere, I am not one of those people. Since I am now looking for a new phone, knowing I have to pay extra to get the things I need to use a phone is a bit of b.s.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
In most cases a person does have a charging brick / plug especially if upgrading from one similar manufacturer to another however not if they are upgrading from an iPhone for example.

Or they buy a wireless charger that does not come with a brick / plug.

I'm all for chtting down on carbon footprints but I'm not 100% convinced omitting a brick / plug has a massive impact in the grand scale if things.

It's definitely encouraging seeing Samsung reduce the cost of the Fold 3, although on the Samsung UK Online Shop the Fold2 is the same price as the Fold 3 !

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...uk%2Fsmartphones%2Fgalaxy-z%2F&token=9E7GwsF2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-054608_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211003-054608_Samsung Internet.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 29

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
You just can't win with some people. How can a company put out phones HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS CHEAPER than last year's models and still come out like they're ripping people off???

Would you have preferred they bundle the charger/headphones/S-Pen and charge us the same price as last year if not more?

They've cut these corners so that the other customers who have little to no use out of these items can save 200 bucks. Now the rest of us with a dozen chargers / headphones / S-Pens at home can opt not to get charged the money they cost to provide them, and the rest can choose to buy them.

And it all boils down to that. CHOICE. Samsung is giving you the option to CHOOSE to buy them, and the rest of us to choose not to. Instead of forcing the extras down our throats and lumping the cost with the phone price.

CHOICE IS NEVER A BAD THING.