Samsung is turning into trash...

anon(10766205)

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
Most of us have at least one other camera phone. So I guess Samsung could have left those ridiculous cameras off the s21ultra and charged us even less. Phones these days just have too much camera. I say, leave out the fancy cameras and give me more battery. Thats right, you heard me. More BATTERY. Now, I suppose many of you will try to cancel my old-fashioned butt because I just blasphemed your sacred cameras. Go ahead. Call me names.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Most of us have at least one other camera phone. So I guess Samsung could have left those ridiculous cameras off the s21ultra and charged us even less. Phones these days just have too much camera. I say, leave out the fancy cameras and give me more battery. Thats right, you heard me. More BATTERY. Now, I suppose many of you will try to cancel my old-fashioned butt because I just blasphemed your sacred cameras. Go ahead. Call me names.
I won't argue with you on the cameras. The younger generation is so into taking pictures of themselves they prioritize the camera way to much. It's the main thing manufacturers can upgrade anymore. It does get old hearing everyone wanting professional cameras in a phone. We could do without the camera bump on back of phones if we didn't have the extra zoom on them. People complain about the curve screens, they want the flat screen, well I'd rather have a flat back and have a decent camera. There's plenty of professional grade cameras on the market.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Not sure where people are getting their prices but everything I have seen the S21 ultra is $1300. I am not someone who can purchase a phone outright and then do it again a year later. So I have to go by my carrier's prices.

Lets not confuse choice with being forced to do something. Choice would be more along the lines of Samsung offering packages. Lets say just the phone was $1000, then for $1050 you can get charging block, cable and headphones. That is a choice. What would you all say if vehicle manufacturers started selling vehicles without wheels and tires? Would you say they were giving you a choice to get what wheels and tires you want, or would you be mad because you couldn't drive your new vehicle off the lot and had to pay extra to to get the basics needed?

The headphones are an extra and I get that so they do not need to be included. A charging block is necessary and is a minimal cost to add to the phone. A charging block is very minimal in the terms of plastic used so it's environmental impact is nil. And as I look up wireless chargers a lot need a charging block.

Choice is a good thing, when it is a choice.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where people are getting their prices but everything I have seen the S21 ultra is $1300. I am not someone who can purchase a phone outright and then do it again a year later. So I have to go by my carrier's prices.

Lets not confuse choice with being forced to do something. Choice would be more along the lines of Samsung offering packages. Lets say just the phone was $1000, then for $1050 you can get charging block, cable and headphones. That is a choice. What would you all say if vehicle manufacturers started selling vehicles without wheels and tires? Would you say they were giving you a choice to get what wheels and tires you want, or would you be mad because you couldn't drive your new vehicle off the lot and had to pay extra to to get the basics needed?

The headphones are an extra and I get that so they do not need to be included. A charging block is necessary and is a minimal cost to add to the phone. A charging block is very minimal in the terms of plastic used so it's environmental impact is nil. And as I look up wireless chargers a lot need a charging block.

Since we are taking choices..I have no need or want a front facing camera, now I'm being forced to buy that camera. For a lot of people the items you talk about are now add on accessories so others don't have to pay for it on the phone, which by the way is cheaper if included on the phone.

Well, let's take the front camera off the phones, cut the price down and the ones that want it can buy it as a clip on add on. A pain, but it's ok for people to have to carry a Spen or flash drives around.

It's important to remember, just because you or I don't want something, there's a lot that do. Lowering the price of a item by removing features really isn't a price reduction, it's getting less for less which means there really isn't a price reduction.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site

I won't argue with you on the cameras. The younger generation is so into taking pictures of themselves they prioritize the camera way to much. It's the main thing manufacturers can upgrade anymore. It does get old hearing everyone wanting professional cameras in a phone. We could do without the camera bump on back of phones if we didn't have the extra zoom on them. People complain about the curve screens, they want the flat screen, well I'd rather have a flat back and have a decent camera. There's plenty of professional grade cameras on the market.

I totally agree on the cameras. I like having a decent camera on my phone but it's not my life. If taking pictures was my life I would get a camera. More battery would be great. Looking at the Fold 3 enough with the selfie cameras. Especially considering you can use the main cameras to take a selfie. Unfortunately the young are what is going to push and change tech and design. So in the upcoming years, they will be called cell cameras and the phone part will be minimum. The whole thing will have cameras for every kind of shot possible.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I have to go by my carrier's prices.

Nothing wrong with that. 2 counter questions: Have you considered the Pixel? Can you get it through your carrier? The A series (like the 4a or 5a) doesn't seem to be that bad and they are about a third of the Samsung prices. I am seriously considering an A series Pixel for my next device (probably a soon to be purchase as well).

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

You can't be serious. Any slight Google search would give you the price which hasn't officially been discounted since release. At this point it feels like you're trolling, but I'll play along this one last time and attach a screenshot for you Screenshot_20211003-104655_Google.jpg

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that. 2 counter questions: Have you considered the Pixel? Can you get it through your carrier? The A series (like the 4a or 5a) doesn't seem to be that bad and they are about a third of the Samsung prices. I am seriously considering an A series Pixel for my next device (probably a soon to be purchase as well).

The Pixel interested me when they first came out. I am just not a big fan of a phone fully run by google. I have kept my current phone for so long because there was nothing new phones offered that I already did not have. Well except more cameras and a larger camera bulge on the back of the phones. That and money has been very tight.

I do like the LG offerings and my sister-in-law has one and it is a decent phone. Again not much more than what I currently have. The Fold and Flip are the only unique innovations in recent years. Cameras be damned.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
You can't be serious. Any slight Google search would give you the price which hasn't officially been discounted since release. At this point it feels like you're trolling, but I'll play along this one last time and attach a screenshot for you View attachment 337545

I am sure you could scour the internet and find price ranges from $1 to $1000 in either direction. I just checked the price difference with the phones at my current carriers prices. You are right the S21U is cheaper by $50-$75 not the $200 claimed. It is nice to see prices have gone down even by a little. But I have a feeling prices are going to be climbing sooner than later, just like all products currently are.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I am sure you could scour the internet and find price ranges from $1 to $1000 in either direction. I just checked the price difference with the phones at my current carriers prices. You are right the S21U is cheaper by $50-$75 not the $200 claimed. It is nice to see prices have gone down even by a little. But I have a feeling prices are going to be climbing sooner than later, just like all products currently are.
S20 Ultra was 1,399 when it came out and S21 Ultra was announced at 1,199. That's exactly a 200 dollar difference. I didn't scour or search hard at all. I knew the prices as I stated many messages ago. Point is valid that while removing a 20 dollar adapter and 29 headphones (which weren't present in the S20 U either) they were able to bring the cost down 200 for a model that replaced it's predecessor. It's so easy to look at the negatives as a consumer, but as an informed consumer you also have to look at the positive.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Personally, I'd prefer more Cowbell!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

Give me a second, I'm trying to come up with something to call you ....... I've got it!! I'm going to call you right ;)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
They are pushing so much to be like that crappy rotten fruit company it is so sad. I am currently looking for a new phone. I have been out of the phone game for some time so when I heard about the Fold phone I was intrigued. I have been a Note user for some time now, well the same Note. I like everything about the Note, it's squareish edges, the s-pen and overall functionality. I thought I would be Note user for the foreseeable future. In my searching around I found out Samsung has stopped the Note line to push the Fold line.

Ok, so I started to dig a little deeper into the Fold, $1800 device no charger, headphones and no s-pen, really? Samsung is not the rotten fruit people, it is why I have always had Samsung phones. I kind of understand the charger thing, if you bought a phone in the last 5 year or so you have at least one decent charger. The headphones leave me slightly sour, in the past I have either lost my set or caught the wire on something and the set got cut. I know these are my fault but it is nice to receive a new set when I get a new phone. Everything I saw or read talked about the s-pen and how well/great it works with the Fold yet it's another $60+ purchase. That hurts a lot, even with the promo AT&T has with an up to $1000 trade-in, it still is too much for me to add on.

I remember in the past Samsung had some great promotions and there is nothing that I can find right now. I remember getting the Galaxy S8? and getting the Gear 360 camera for $50. Just so disappointing to me as Samsung wants to treat us customers like we are trash by following that other company and how they treat their customers.

If there was some kind of promotion or something for the Fold I would jump on it.

Ugh...i do not want anymore of those crappy headphone Samsung used to include in the box. Either increase the quality, or keep them.

As for removing features, I agree. However, Samsung isn't the only company following Apple, they all are.

They're greedy companies trying to make money. Full stop.

mib1800

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Ugh...i do not want anymore of those crappy headphone Samsung used to include in the box. Either increase the quality, or keep them.

As for removing features, I agree. However, Samsung isn't the only company following Apple, they all are.

With Samsung, there is always a deal going around. So what's missing from box is not so significant. In Singapore, I got phone at $850. I just need to stay on my $30 (with 30gb data) per month plan for 21 months. Freebies: spen cover, duo charger and 1 year of Care+ And no trade in of high end phone needed.

Last edited:

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site

AKG headphones (USBC) provided by Samsung weren't bad. Intact they were really good and I still use them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29