Pulling the trigger on Tuesday

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So a guy at work has a Bolt that he doesn't like. He had screen freeze issues and texts going to wrong person issues. He bought a new phone and wanted to sell his Bolt. He said VZ was going to pay him 200 bux for his phone and offered it to me at that price. I'll get the phone from him Monday night at work and have it Tuesday morning. I have a stock Bolt and am getting this one to root. I'm keeping my phone stock and waiting for the OTA to see how that works. I'm rooting the new (to me) phone to see what rooting is all about. I'm under the impression that moving the sim card should change his phone to mine without having to get another contract from VZ and adding another line. My VZ rep. said bring it in and she'll swap the cards to make sure it will work and if it messes up the card she'll replace it. I'm not a power user but would like to find the best ROM KERNAL RADIO for me. I play a few brain games nothing like a real gamer or anything. I send a lot of text messages and talk as well as using the phone for weather updates and some internet surfing. I use Pandora when in the car on longish trips and have quite a few peoples birthdays loaded into the calendar. I don't use facebook or tweet so the far right screen is useless and the weather screen is useless to me as well. I'd like to have better battery life (wouldn't we all) also. I've not read a lot but have been checking this forum more since I will be rooting and trying to find the best releases for me. I've read that CM7 seems to be the basis of most of these and people tweek this program and call it a new version. Does anyone have suggestion as to what I should use. And what programs I'll need to get started. Free is best but I'll pay for a better program.

Thanks

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
tfrank10 and kylep23 thank you very much. I'll have to take the time and see which one is the best for my purposes. From what I've read I'll likely try quite a few out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non