can't change keyboard

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
With cm7 RC 1.8 and this new 7.1.1 I can not get an alternate keyboard to work. Was using HTC_ime with no problems but no longer. It shows upbon my settings/language-keyboards. I select it but android keyboard still pops up for use. Thought it was the keyboard no longer compatable, but I downloaded smartkeyboard from the market and had the same issue. Anyone else have this problem or maybe have an idea how I can solve the problem? I hate the android keyboard...

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
once you select the keyboard in settings, open up something where you would type, ie an sms text window and click and hold in the text area. once you let go it should pop up with a window to ask for input selection. choose that and then choose your keyboard.

Reactions: dzyuba

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
once you select the keyboard in settings, open up something where you would type, ie an sms text window and click and hold in the text area. once you let go it should pop up with a window to ask for input selection. choose that and then choose your keyboard.
That did it thanks, can't believe I forgot about that! hadn't needed to do that in a while...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress