quick noob question

shawdzad

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am currently rooted and on a custom rom (gingeritis 3d). If I unroot will i go straight back to the stock rom and radio or will i have to flash the stock rom and radio before i unroot?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am currently rooted and on a custom rom (gingeritis 3d). If I unroot will i go straight back to the stock rom and radio or will i have to flash the stock rom and radio before i unroot?

If you use the ALL IN ONE unroot tool that is STICKIED in the top of the forum, it will download the original Gingerbreak OTA and install it for you...your phone will go back to the way it was when you got it on day 1.

If you decided to ROOT it after that, it will keep the stock ROM but give you ROOT access.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Once you use the tool and are back to s on stock will the phone automatically update to the newest ota? If not can you use the "check for updates" in the stock rom to find the newest ota? I would think vzw would know you are rooted if you turn in a phone with an ancient ota.

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Once you use the tool and are back to s on stock will the phone automatically update to the newest ota? If not can you use the "check for updates" in the stock rom to find the newest ota? I would think vzw would know you are rooted if you turn in a phone with an ancient ota.

If there are updates to install your phone will prompt you to do it, or you can force it by searching.
If you are sending it in I wouldn't worry about it. If you are S-on and back on factory gbread you are good.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty