Rooting on a Mac

jaydroid88

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the rooting software available for the Tbolt yet and if so where can I find it and is it compatible with Mac's? I'm a n00b at this and I googled it, but nothing useful came up. Seems like Unrevoked doesn't have a Tbolt version out yet... Thanks!

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
There are people working on this as we speak. I suspect we will see a manual (command line) solution within a week, maybe this weekend. unrEVOked and other 1-Clicks are probably a little further out.

Reactions: Hobbessti

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using an iPhone since 2007

I could jailbreak, unlock, crack w/e u name it

now that I am with android, I feel completely disconnected from the hacker community

Idk things that seem basic, like ADP, busybox.
Idk how to root/s-off, install a rom

...so depressed = (

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Mac and have rooted the Droid Incredible and now the HTC Thunderbolt. It's possible, you just have to be comfortable using the command line (Terminal on a Mac). ADB, Android Debug Bridge, is a way to access files on your phone (usually through the command line). There is a very detailed article on how to setup ADB properly over at XDA by bftb0. northmendo also provided an automator script to save you the trouble of actually doing the work manually. I prefer to do things manually the first time to actually learn what is going on. Hopefully you can find some answers that way.

Anhtaihuman

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What I did to root on my mac

Hi guys. Been watching the forums here since December for a while, and thought I should finally chime in and contribute :)

I'm a first-time Android user, so most of this is all new to me. However, I did take a little bit of time reading up and finding out what is and how to root, and I managed to root my thunderbolt on my first attempt (was too impatient for a 1-click method). I did this on my macbook pro.

Upon googling, I found a nice little guide that Cory had written for the Fascinate forums, which I thought could be applied with the thunderbolt, except with our own files and guide. Anyhow, see this:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s/34188-rooting-using-mac-video-tutorial.html

Anyways, I just followed the guide, using a newer SDK until I got to entering the adb command section, and let the thunderbolt root guide take over.

The video definitely helped me, btw. Thanks Cory!

~Tai

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo