Has anyone loaded the VERIZON 1.12.605.9 ROM

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to get some feedback from anyone that loaded the stock Verizon1.12.605.9 onto their phone. From what I understand you dont need to be rooted to do this correct? Just rename to update.zip, and load it up.

Anyone that has done this, I would appreciate feedback? Any improvements? Any broken parts? Any negatives?

THANKS!

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You do have to be rooted with CWR to load this. When rooted, you would be left with the same thing. This meant to be a safety net if you need to go back to stock for warranty reasons.

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I installed this ROM today, and you DO NOT need to be rooted....just rename the file to PG05IMG, place on SD, reboot into bootloader and it loads itself.

Not really sure what the advantages are right now, but I will check on in the next few days.

I wanted to root and load a custom ROM, but I could not get the one click root to work, tried 3 times. Hopefully unrevoked comes out soon.

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to get some feedback from anyone that loaded the stock Verizon1.12.605.9 onto their phone. From what I understand you dont need to be rooted to do this correct? Just rename to update.zip, and load it up.

Anyone that has done this, I would appreciate feedback? Any improvements? Any broken parts? Any negatives?

THANKS!

Battery has improved, but there are now broken features such as Voice search, DRM License issues always appear for all formats of .avi files (including non-protected video) Freezing issues with some apps and MTP protocol sometimes requires a phone reboot to be seen on the PC again and wifi cutting in and out, other than that, everything seems fine :mad:

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I installed this ROM today, and you DO NOT need to be rooted....just rename the file to PG05IMG, place on SD, reboot into bootloader and it loads itself.

Not really sure what the advantages are right now, but I will check on in the next few days.

I wanted to root and load a custom ROM, but I could not get the one click root to work, tried 3 times. Hopefully unrevoked comes out soon.

My bust. Because it is not an "official" release, I did not think it would work.

Learn something new every day :)

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
^^^Correct. But it has been debloated and massaged to work out some of the hiccups in the stock version. And the OP is not rooted. He cannot load perfect storm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11