Thrive on HDTV

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried viewing a movie on a large screen HDTV from the Thrive connected by the HDMI port and does it show full screen and how would you rate the audio and video from the movie compared to a DVD?

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried viewing a movie on a large screen HDTV from the Thrive connected by the HDMI port and does it show full screen and how would you rate the audio and video from the movie compared to a DVD?

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

Yo, no, I don't do TV but howdy, S Prime! Did you keep your Flyer? When I returned mine, I realized I needed a workhorse and a larger display and soon decided on the Thrive---and UPS is to deliver it this afternoon. Are you considering a Thrive?

merc15

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've actually done it and it's a pretty good picture. I had it playing an episode of NCIS from cbs.com onto a 42" flatscreen. The only issue I've run into so far was hooking it up to a TV i have in my office, for some reason I get a screen on the TV that has a little android guy and shows 720p? Yet sound seems to still work. So I'm going to be trying a new cable on that tv to see if that's the solution. Otherwise, great feature with the full HDMI. :)

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yo, no, I don't do TV but howdy, S Prime! Did you keep your Flyer? When I returned mine, I realized I needed a workhorse and a larger display and soon decided on the Thrive---and UPS is to deliver it this afternoon. Are you considering a Thrive?

Yes hummingbirdhill, I still have my Flyer and I am very satisfied with it. I am looking at the Thrive, because I have a specific need for a larger screen format and the convenience of transferring files from removalable media, which can be displayed on a large screen.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes hummingbirdhill, I still have my Flyer and I am very satisfied with it. I am looking at the Thrive, because I have a specific need for a larger screen format and the convenience of transferring files from removalable media, which can be displayed on a large screen.

I really miss the HTC Sense of the Flyer, and I'm certain I will miss it on the Thrive because my husband's galaxy tab 7" is soooooo plain. The Thrive file manager is a major plus for my work. I'm so glad to see you in this forum and considering a Thrive.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
i just use the control to get full screen effect...

I am getting good playback and full screen for avi or mp4 videos from the Thrive HDMI port on my large screen TV with the quality based on the source which corresponds to the file size. I have noticed that if you convert an avi video to mp4 you get a smaller file size and better color. It is not 1080p but certainly good enough quality for my application.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87