Toshiba Thrive 10.1 vs Nexus 7

arcoms

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Toshiba Thrive for a little over a year now and its been a great experience. However, and this is not a problem limited to Toshiba, the extremely long wait for ICS considering that the Thrive had almost vanilla Android 3.2 was exasperating. And now I DOUBT we will ever see all the cool features in 4.2. This problem led me to jump onto the Nexus wagon when it comes to phones and I am really tempted to get the Nexus 7 now too. At $199 for a 16gb model I think its a great deal. But will I miss having a 10" screen and regret getting the Nexus 7? And is missing out on Jelly Bean really enough reason to ditch the Toshiba Thrive? Performance wise, its been good but could certainly be better. Though the speakers are AWFUL. Never have I used the Thrive to watch a movie or video or listen to music without head phones. Anyway, anyone have some advice?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am a THRiVE owner and the owner of a 7" device (Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus). I believe you would miss larger screen more than you realize. Also the lack of a microSD or full size SD card is a deal breaker IMO. Finally, if you root your THRiVE, you can install a Jelly Bean like custom ROM. Things to consider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non