Not able to connect to internet

Bill Thompson1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy S3 yesterday and I am not able to connect to the internet through my wifi. I've tried a few things to eliminate some possibilities, I checked my parents phones (a s3 and mega) and they both can connect to the internet. I went to a location that offers wifi such as quiznos and was able to connect. I pinged the phones IP address from my main computer and was successful. I followed some instructions I found like clearing the cache partition, downloaded a app called Wifi Manager and none of them have worked. Also I noticed that the app called "Wifi Now" is offline for some odd reason. I tried turning it online but I don't know how nor could I find anything on the internet on how to do so. Any help would be most appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting the router by unplugging the power, waiting 10 seconds, plugging it back in, and waiting another 20-30 seconds for the connection to reestablish.

Bill Thompson1

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I did that actually didn't work. But I was able to fix it. I essentially disabled and re-enabled the Wifi-Now app and now it works great. Thanks for the suggestion though.

P.S. Awesome pic of Crow by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699