Phone Dialer Confusion

gstewart79

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I am really frustrated with the default phone dialer with this phone. When I bring up the phone dialer, I start to type in the name of a contact I want to dial and then select the drop down arrow that lists the possible contacts that fit what I have typed to that point. For example, I type 666 to bring up my "Mom & Dad" and when I select them from the list that comes up, I get an additional list of the phone numbers associated with them, but it does not show what type each phone number is (e.g. cell, home, work, fax, etc.). Does anyone know of a way to get the phone to show that additional information? I have looked at a few friends Android phones (Droid X, etc) and none of them do it this way.

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I am really frustrated with the default phone dialer with this phone. When I bring up the phone dialer, I start to type in the name of a contact I want to dial and then select the drop down arrow that lists the possible contacts that fit what I have typed to that point. For example, I type 666 to bring up my "Mom & Dad" and when I select them from the list that comes up, I get an additional list of the phone numbers associated with them, but it does not show what type each phone number is (e.g. cell, home, work, fax, etc.). Does anyone know of a way to get the phone to show that additional information? I have looked at a few friends Android phones (Droid X, etc) and none of them do it this way.

I don't immediately see any way to make that happen :/ The feature you're looking for has probably been left out by accident because, at least in my experience, most people don't type in phone numbers anymore if they already have the contact in their phonebook. Most people just hit the phonebook and search for the contact. In this way, the phonebook does indeed display the type of number listed (home/cell/work).

If it's REALLY bothering you, you could download a phone dialer replacement from the market. Sorry!

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Unless I misunderstand something (a very common occurrence), my phone shows what each phone # is. Here is a screenshot from my dialer which is the screen that comes up when I go to the phone icon, then at the top <keypad-Call Log-Favorites-Contacts> I select contacts. I begin typing the name in the "search contacts" box and after a few characters (2 in this case) my list is down to 3 contacts. I chose Irina and get this screen.....

samsungiri.jpg

Perhaps "dialer" refers to something else?

Joe

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Unless I misunderstand something (a very common occurrence), my phone shows what each phone # is. Here is a screenshot from my dialer which is the screen that comes up when I go to the phone icon, then at the top <keypad-Call Log-Favorites-Contacts> I select contacts. I begin typing the name in the "search contacts" box and after a few characters (2 in this case) my list is down to 3 contacts. I chose Irina.

Perhaps "dialer" refers to something else?

Joe

Yes, OP meant when (s)he typed the recipient's phone number into "keypad". What you described was what I referred to when I explained that most people search for a contact in their address book instead of keypad.