"Searching For Service" locks up (different from "no data" issue)

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
So we all know about the dreaded "No Data" issue that's been plaguing the Charge, but has anyone else noticed that the phone either doesn't—or just takes very long to—reattain signal after it starts "searching for service"? On countless occasions I've been in a no-service area, and after going back to a strong-signal area I've had to enable and disable airplane mode in order to get service back. It's almost as if the phone just stops trying to find a signal after a while... Is this a battery saving feature normal to the phone, or is it a bug?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Searching For Service" locks up (different from "no data" is

Nobody has any ideas? Hmm...

i just experienced that issue and after the fassy poor signal this charge showed and also did recieve/make calls easily,,, now i just had a no signal then a signal..

when everythings said n done and the dust settles, we'll find it was verizon working on their boxes..
straight from a Verizon store Managers mouth.. Verizon is reworking all towers to accomodate the Lte and
4g speeds.. he said in about 3 weeks all signal problems should not be an issue any longer...
all i do know is ,,is that i love the charge it has already shown me a stronger signal and clearer calls both in and out even when the 1 bar on a fassy wouldn`t work..the charge will... cant see if 3g is workin the calls cause the phone is next to my ear..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty