What's with all the redraws?

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It seems that no matter what launcher I use, no matter what rom I run, stock, gummycharged, whatever I get redraws like crazy. I will use the browser press the home key and bam it has to redraw all my icons have to load and its so sllllooowwwww. Its very annoying, how come the fascinate never had this issue?

Like crazy= maybe like every other day.enough to the point where its getting frustrating.

joshakajosh

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine, so I threw it and now Im getting a new one from the insurance since i yelled at them haha :p. Im seriously thinking about trading it for like a droid 3 or an iphone.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I feel like throwing it. I don't know, I can't wait to get the nexus. I'm getting tired of these Android phones with crappy software. Although I know Samsung has the worst,my Droid incredible 2, gets force closes all the time and its running gingerbread. Just using it on wifi but still.

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Try the v6 supercharger script from Zeppelinrox over on xda. I haven't had a single redraw since using it.

Sent from my IHO OV using Tapatalk.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have this problem for the first few months, but it has really increased lately. It is very annoying to come out of the browser or an email program and get a blank home page. When it does it, it takes about 10 seconds to repopulate the home page and sometimes, it goes blank again. It seems to be more and more frequent lately. I haven't made any recent changes to the phone or apps that I can think of that might be causing it.

If we had gotten a software update, we could blame it on that. At least we can rule that out since it looks like we are on our own as far as Samsung is concerned. Love the phone, but this stuuuupid stuff is beginning to "change the experience" for me.

Rich

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Try the v6 supercharger script from Zeppelinrox over on xda. I haven't had a single redraw since using it.

Sent from my IHO OV using Tapatalk.

Spiral,
Forgive my stupidity, but is the v6 supercharger something like an app we can download, or does it involve rooting the phone?

Thanks,
Rich

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Spiral,
Forgive my stupidity, but is the v6 supercharger something like an app we can download, or does it involve rooting the phone?

Thanks,
Rich

yep it requires root and the scripts manager and busybox installer app but its all worth it in getting rid of redraws

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I think part of the problem is just the hardware on the Charge itself. As Android grows many phones come out with hardware that just isn't ready for it yet. The Charge is the perfect example. It has this gorgeous power hungry screen and various other cool things yet it only comes with 512mb of ram and a single core processor.

The only way to fix it is by overclocking various things here or changing scripts there etc. I think most people can agree the Charge should have never been apart of the "Droid" line or 300 dollars by all accounts. VZW can try to call it a high end phone but in reality it should be a mid to low level with a $150 price tag tops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty