Droid Charge & K-9 mail will not open attachments!

rboetger

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been using K-9 mail on my Droid Charge. I can't open attachments. I hit the button to download a jpeg and all I get is a black screen. I sent the same attachment to my GMail account and the built in Mail program and they both can open the attachment.
Do I have an incorect setting? Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
Ron

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been using K-9 mail on my Droid Charge. I can't open attachments. I hit the button to download a jpeg and all I get is a black screen. I sent the same attachment to my GMail account and the built in Mail program and they both can open the attachment.
Do I have an incorect setting? Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks
Ron

Ron,

Under the Gmail app settings is an option to turn on "show pictures". Try turning that on and see what happens. If you have not yet, I would suggest trying other jpegs or file types. I will look for more settings options. Sorry, as I am not familiar with K-9 just from a lack of use.

Dave

kraisydave's Channel - YouTube

Twitter @kraisydave

Android, Tech, HDR Photos

Everyone deserves to get the most out of their phone!

Reactions: Terrigno

rboetger

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for getting back to me! I have sent the same attachment to my Gmail account and I am able to opem the jpeg in the Gmail app on the charge. The included mail app can also open and show the jpeg. I have tried to open other jpegs and K-9 just shows a black screen.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I have opened up pdf's with k9 with no problems.

edit: Just sent myself a jpg and it opened with no problems as well. Is you phone stock or do you have a Rom on it? Not sure there is a setting that I changed but I have been using K9 for over a year on different phones and different roms. Always worked.

Last edited:

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
The phone is stock. Idon't know what a Rom is.

I keep looking and have not found a perfect fix yet.

A couple more questions... do you get a chance to tell the phone what you want to open the file with? I bet K-9 mail just doe not know what software to use.

And is K-9 Mail keeping the attachment in its original format? If you forward the email from K-9 back to gmail is the attachment the same?

Dave

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch