Contacts Problem.....

Jim101

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is where I sit....All my contacts are under "My Contacts" , Google System Group.....Except for "Work", Friends, Family, etc. is "0". I am sync'ed only to Goolge...
Now, why can't (or how can I) just copy the names from "My Contacts" to ex. "Friends"??
BTW this isn't a phone problem, I screwed up....

Thanks,

Jim

tgbyhnujm

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You can always export all your contacts to your SIM card or SD card by bringing up your contacts list, pressing the menu button, and exporting them. It will save them on you SD card as external_sd. Then go to the icon "My Files" to see external_sd.

I don't know if this info will help you because I don't really understand what you are trying to do.

JerryF

paulwall8742

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am also having a problem with my contacts. I had a friend just call and I didn't recognize the number...I thought they changed a number or something....anyway I got off the phone and was like 'hmm why didn't it show up his name' well apparently in the middle of the night my phone decided it didn't need a contacts list and deleted every single one of my contacts. friends family work numbers restaurants stores sheriffs office everything. I know they were there last night when I went to sleep...and I don't think I would have deleted them in my sleep...I don't think I had my contacts syncd or anything like that and had it just saved to the phone..and not the memory card or anything like that. going to try to reboot my phone and hope they show back up. any help? on how to get my contacts back. thinking real hard bout calling and screaming at Verizon tech folks a phone shouldn't delete its own contact info.

tgbyhnujm

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
paulwall742,

Reboot your phone THREE times in a row and pray!!!

Another "wild' Idea is to Touch Contacts on the home screen. Even if the screen that comes up is blank press the menu button (lower left corner of phone). Then if the small screen of choices comes up press IMPORT/EXPORT and then first try Importing and then try Exporting.

It may be to late for you now but I use Goggle to backup and a $20 backup package called DataPilot 7 (google it) as well as EXPORTING my contact list to my SD Card. I NEVER use Verizon's BackUp Assistant because I have heard of to many problems some like what happened to you although who knows why your contact list flew the coop. The biggest chance is that you had auto snync on and the auto sync went BAD.

One more idea that has helped folks get BAD things fixed.

Remove the battery, SD Card, and SIM card. Wait 6-8 minutes. Then reinstall SIM card, SD card and battery. When your phone restarts reboot it TWO more times and only then go look for your contacts.

JerryF

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeera