exchange calendar not syncing - anyone else?

triangle8

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I spent 2 hours at a Verizon store this morning trying to get my outlook/exchange calendar to sync with my droid charge, but it appears that there is some kind of software bug that is causing it not to sync or at least not show any calendar entries. My email and contacts work flawlessly. My gmail, contacts and calendar also work flawlessly. After several hard resets and even a call with Samsung, it appears that the phone will not sync with Exchange 2007 calendars.

Anyone else having this problem? Samsung says that I am the first and have suggested that I use a third party app to try to get access to my Exchange calendar. Ugh.

Last edited:

Need A Beach

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but I'm not on exchange. I synced my calendar to GMail, but it is not syncing to my Charge. I have checked all of the settings and everything is set as it needs to be. Either I'm missing something or this is not just an Exchange problem.

Any ideas?

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This may be completely wrong so I apologize up front, BUT if you have the calendar in Outlook (2003 or newer) Why dont you use Google Calendar Sync?? It will push it to a gmail calendar that can then easily sync with your phone??

Reactions: triangle8

triangle8

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This may be completely wrong so I apologize up front, BUT if you have the calendar in Outlook (2003 or newer) Why dont you use Google Calendar Sync?? It will push it to a gmail calendar that can then easily sync with your phone??
Thanks for the suggestion, but for whatever reason, my work computer won't install Google Calendar Sync properly. It was worth a try.

Need A Beach

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I used Google Calendar Sync. I can see my Google Calendar on my PC through GMail, but it does not seem to be pushing to my phone. I set up the mobile settings for Google Calendar through my PC. I have manually synced using my PC and the web version of the calendar looks fine.

I edited a calendar entry just to see what would happen. I used my PC and the Google Calendar website. The edited entry was pushed to my phone and back to my Outlook, but none of the original calendar entries that I have in Outlook (and Google Calendar) are showing on my phone.

Sorry for the newbie questions, I just need this to work. I still need to figure out how to port over my Outlook contacts and have them sync automatically, too. But, alas, one thing at a time.

Thanks for all of your help.

sjb44ins

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Susan

Wow! I not only spent 2 hours on the phone with their tech support today but also had someone wiser than me come out for an $85 fee to resolve this. The tech I just got off the phone with said it's a Samsung bug and will have to be fixed in a future release. I can either send the phone back and reactivate my old Samsung or trade for another phone. Considering I waited MONTHS for this one to appear, I am appalled!

lrdiaz

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
What version of Exchange Server? Do you know which SP?
Exchange Server 2007 Hosted by GoDaddy, not sure what SP. I am running Office 2010 on Windows and Office 2011 on Mac.
Started using Touchdown on Charge without any issues, then switched to Samsung/Droid Corporate Mail app. No issues with either.

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issues. I had no issues syncing with my work Exchange Server for Contacts, Calendar or Email. I don't know what version Exchange we have, but I suspect it's not 2010, as we are usually behind. The only thing I haven't been able to sync are my Outlook Notes, but not sure if that is supposed to work or not.

danpgraham

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I can sync up with email, but not the calendar. Has anyone suggested to you what the problem might be? Our IT guy has given up and is suggesting that I return the phone for a replacement.

Need A Beach

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Finally, success!

A little history: I was having problems syncing my Outlook Calendar and Contacts to my Charge. I was able to successfully sync them from Outlook to Google Calendar and GMail contacts, but for the life of me they would not sync over to my phone. If I entered a new calendar entry either in Outlook or GMail it synced to my phone. However, none of the original entries that were 'imported' to GMail or Google Calendar appeared on my phone. This happened both with one-time and recurring events. I do not use Enterprise for Outlook as I am in business for myself.

Now for what I did: In the end, I made an edit to the first entry line (the title) in each of my calendar entries (in Outlook) for the next year, including all recurring events. I had to open each event one by one (a real pain in the a**). I needed to change a new character and not add a space to be able to sync from Outlook to Google and then from Google to my phone. If I did this, the entry was successfully and automagically sent to my Charge when I forced the sync to occur. This took me the better part of two plus hours, as I am a heavy calendar user.

For my contacts, I made a change to the first contact in my contact list in GMail. I entered an email address in the email field for the very first contact in the list. Once I did this, ALL of my contacts synced to my phone. I don't know why, but they all now appear.

I wonder if I would have made changes to a calendar entry in Google Calendar if that would have made the difference and caused all of my calendar entries to sync to my phone. I don't know, but if anyone has this same issue perhaps the first thing to do would be to change one of your Google Calendar entries in Google Calendar that were imported from Outlook.

I really hope that this will help others that have had issues syncing Outlook to their phone. The Google syncing applications work, but don't work perfectly. As for me, I'm glad I worked it out, as this would have been a deal breaker and I might have returned to the Blackberry platform.

Reactions: whitenessj

Kraft#AC

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I spent 2 hours at a Verizon store this morning trying to get my outlook/exchange calendar to sync with my droid charge, but it appears that there is some kind of software bug that is causing it not to sync or at least not show any calendar entries. My email and contacts work flawlessly. My gmail, contacts and calendar also work flawlessly. After several hard resets and even a call with Samsung, it appears that the phone will not sync with Exchange 2007 calendars.

Anyone else having this problem? Samsung says that I am the first and have suggested that I use a third party app to try to get access to my Exchange calendar. Ugh.

is your login user name different from the email name ?
for example : I have seen this problem happening when you have
email : treef@company.com
login : tom
full name : Tom Reef

there is a workaround if this is it..

triangle8

May 17, 2010
Visit site
is your login user name different from the email name ?
for example : I have seen this problem happening when you have
email : treef@company.com
login : tom
full name : Tom Reef

there is a workaround if this is it..

No, my login name is the same as my user name.

After some testing by our IT people, there seems to be something wrong with my particular account because they were actually able to add calendar items to a new dummy account set up to test this problem. We still haven't figured out what's wrong, so I'm still not sure what the problem is...

Thanks for everyone's help and feedback.

vangtommy

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm intresting. I'm able to sync with my companies exchange server just fine. All contacts, calander, and email sync. No issues here. We still have 2007 here.

tthomsont44

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I can add a calender entry on my work computer through Outlook and it shows up fine on the phone, but when I add it to the phone it will not remain on the phone or even show up on the desktop. Confused....

Kraft#AC

May 24, 2011
Visit site
No, my login name is the same as my user name.

After some testing by our IT people, there seems to be something wrong with my particular account because they were actually able to add calendar items to a new dummy account set up to test this problem. We still haven't figured out what's wrong, so I'm still not sure what the problem is...

Thanks for everyone's help and feedback.

I see .. if you find out what the issue was please do share. I have done some testing.. and the droid charge behaves a little differently than the older droid versions.. We have a user in our company with two different droid phones both from Verizon. here's whats happening and what we have found out

older droid works fine : I cleared out and re - created his account on the phone everything populates
on droid charge : his email works and calendars don't get synced at all --- empty
I create my account his droid charge: everything populates/syncs properly and works.
I create his account on my iphone and it syncs fine (I know its not droid but for testing purposes )
we then tried multiple phones .. only charge has issues. its the newest like 2 -3 weeks old.

everytime we created new accounts we reset the phones to factory settings to avoid any other issues.

Definitely there is a problem with the charge I can only think of some hook broken which will be fixed with a patch..
the only thing different about this user is that his email name is different than the user name ..

triangle8

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After all of the trials and tribulations regarding the calendar sync, I am now trialing Touchdown, which someone had suggested earlier. Everything works without any issues, though the UI takes a little getting used to.

Touchdown has a 30 free trial period and usually sells for $20 after that, but Amazon is running a promotion where it is selling for $8, in case anyone is interested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95