HTC DLX/DNA or Note 2?

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone,

if I were to upgrade from my trusty Thunderbolt, which phone do think is better?

HTC DLX/DNA or Note 2?

I love HTC devices but everyone seems to be drooling over the Note 2.

What is the major selling point for each? What is the stylus for and do I need to use it for everything on the Note 2?

Thanks for any input!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is a good question. At first I would have said the DNA but I'm not sure now. We pretty much the specs of each device but we don't necessarily know what features the DNA has. We know the features the note 2 possess but none of the DNA. Once we vet features and a hands on that's when we can better decide which device to get. At least that is what I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

apollooff320

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Come on dude the DLX is sexy as hell and isn't made of straight up plastic. Best looking phone around and the specs are top notch. The main question is how long that battery will last?

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Come on dude the DLX is sexy as hell and isn't made of straight up plastic. Best looking phone around and the specs are top notch. The main question is how long that battery will last?

That's why ill get the note 2 yea its plastic but ill buy a case for it but if the rumors are true the dlx will have a non removable battery with probably only 2200 mah with a 1080p resolution and LTE I rather have the plastic lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

SuperJonCA

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah. I just don't understand the stylus for the Note 2.

Search on YouTube for "note 2 Spen". There are tons of cool uses people are showing off. Also check the artists video Android central posted last week. Drawing complex art on our devices is becoming a reality.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
DLX will have:

-Better screen
-Higher Res Screen
-More powerful CPU/GPU
-Better build quality

Note 2 will have:
-S pen
-Better battery life (maybe?)

(all of these are subject to change)

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
DLX will have:

-Better screen
-Higher Res Screen
-More powerful CPU/GPU
-Better build quality

Note 2 will have:
-S pen

Your absolutely right but let's see when the dlx the note 2 already has great battery life

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
DLX will have:

-Better screen
-Higher Res Screen
-More powerful CPU/GPU
-Better build quality

Note 2 will have:
-S pen

Is this enough to make people take the DLX/DNA over the Note 2 or GS3 though? Everything I've read about the Samsung phones say they are jam packed full of features exclusive to Samsung.

- - - Updated - - -

And will the DLX/DNA have a Micro SD card slot????

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I love HTC sense. Am anxious to see it. Saw video. Looks amazing

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
No SD slot or removable battery but that's just the Japanese version the dlx maybe the u.s one will have these things

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I can get by without a removable battery... but I will pass on this phone if it doesn't have an SD card slot or 32GB internal storage.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
DLX will have:

-Better screen
-Higher Res Screen
-More powerful CPU/GPU
-Better build quality

Note 2 will have:
-S pen

I'm torn between the two devices myself but leaning toward the GN2.

The only attributes I will concede to the DNA is the screen and camera. Although the GN2 is outstanding in both areas the HTC One line is at the top of the class in these areas along with iphone 5. I doubt the DNA will be any worse and could be better.
Build quality is subjective and is mostly referring to materials used as opposed to quality construction of device. All the high end devices are made well but make different choices on materials and finishes. It doesn't really matter unless you carry your device undressed. I haven't carried a naked smartphone since an old BlackBerry 5 years ago. I really like the materials and finish of the RAZR Maxx HD but if I'm going to put my $700 device in a case anyway I shouldn't get all worked up over the nice Kevlar, alluminum, and Gorilla Glass. 9 out of 10 iphones I see are cased where all you see is the glass and Apple logo through a hole in the back so that's overblown.
So now we are talking about performance.
Everything I have read points to an advantage for the GN2.
Both quad-core processrs but the GN2 pushing an Exynos running at 1.6 GHz compared to Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 pro running at 1.5 GHz on the DNA.
Both have 2g of RAM but the GN2 can actually use with multi-tasking window allowing simultaneous use and view.
Then there's the larger screen and all the possibilities the S-Pen opens up. The S-Pen fits so nicely that even if it was never used it doesn't detract from the phone.
Then there's the batteries.
I currently use an HTC Thunderbolt so I know the struggles that they have had with battery life. The DNA is rumored to use a non-removable 2500 mAh battery on this 5" Super LCD 2 screen with power sucking LTE. The only way I have survived the T-bolt for 19 months is the extended battery I bought after reading reviews. I am very wary of this high powered device with only a 2500 mAh battery.
The original Galaxy Note uses a 2500 mAh battery with reasonable success but the GN2 will carry a 3100 mAh replacable battery. Accessory providers like Gorilla Gadgets make replacement batteries up to 5000 mAh for the original GN that provides a valuable option that the DNA doesn't have.

All that said, I will take a close look at both devices when they are available next month.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you both will be good but to me battery life and an SD slot are a must so I choose the note 2

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
The American Droid DNA will have an SD slot, most likely. Remains to be seen.

The Snapdragon S4 Pro destroys the Exynos 4 Quad in the GN2, that's no contest. The DNA is a much more powerful phone. Hopefully it can put all that power into making things smooth in 1080p.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me... or is there like no hype about this thing? I have been checking everyday for new info on this phone, new leaked photos, or even new posts in this forum and there is just NOTHING. I remember when the Thunderbolt was coming out... there were rumors and leaked photos and comments like crazy. There's not even new videos on the J Butterfly. The GS3 and Note 2 are getting all the attention.

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The American Droid DNA will have an SD slot, most likely. Remains to be seen.

The Snapdragon S4 Pro destroys the Exynos 4 Quad in the GN2, that's no contest. The DNA is a much more powerful phone. Hopefully it can put all that power into making things smooth in 1080p.

I was wondering about this. It looks so far like the Samsung phones are killing the HTC's in regards to built in features... but I've been wondering how the different processors stack up. Will that make the DNA that much better than the Note 2 or GS3?

mcguirej

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
And here I thought I was the only one checking about this phone daily. I'm still using the original Droid Incredible and have decided the DNA is the phone I will be getting next. The Note2 sounds like a great device, but I don't want to carry something that large in my pocket every day.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me... or is there like no hype about this thing? I have been checking everyday for new info on this phone, new leaked photos, or even new posts in this forum and there is just NOTHING. I remember when the Thunderbolt was coming out... there were rumors and leaked photos and comments like crazy. There's not even new videos on the J Butterfly. The GS3 and Note 2 are getting all the attention.

Ahh, so they're going with the tried and true Rezound marketing plan, huh? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2