Real World Battery Use Results...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick update. I unplugged the phone at 10:30 last night. Used it a bit before going to bed screwing around with setup issues,etc and playing Words With Friends, etc. I then used it pretty heavily this morning and moderately between 1:00 to now. It's now 10:00 or about 23 1/2 hours since it was last plugged in. As of this moment I still have a 23% charge left on the battery. So for those of you wondering if it can get you through a full day. I'd say it should do so pretty easily.

For the sake of comparison my Gnex would have been dead by about noon. So if you could live with the Gnex, you will be ecstatic with the DNA. ;)

Bill1967

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I used my phone all day today and didn't get past half way on the battery , This phone is just awesome I had a lot of iphone users drooling over it.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I unplugged at 8AM so 14.5 hours of it in use. I used it with half wifi, half 4G, never 3G. Played Words with Friends for 30 minutes, surfed the web for maybe 30 minutes. Downloaded almost 1GB in games and tried each one for a few minutes, sent a bunch of texts and emails wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, watched a bunch of Youtube videos... maybe 15 minutes worth, and showed the phone off to the in-laws. Currently I am sitting at 40%. That is probably my typical day, give or take, so I am pretty happy with that. I need a phone that can get through a day and this does better than that so far, and that is with a good amount of screen time since everyone needs to see a video and a cool game and a picture when they see I got a new phone. I am an happy DNA owner for sure!

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Boy, where did all of the guys with pitchforks ranting about the battery run off to?
They're at vZ store looking at where they got it wrong, We threw the dice (early buyers) and it paid off this time.
The standby is incredible (lose 5-10% overnight), from my tbolt overnight it would die (bad signal here) but I don't even need to plug it in, oh that's right I don't, Just set it on the charging pad !

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a TB, I wouldn't call it rolling the dice but might call it business as usual if the battery was just "average". I got used to charging up every night. It always made it through the day and i could have let it sit overnight if I wanted 20% left to wake up to, and that was on an AOSP ROM which sips the battery a little less than Sense would. Now with full blown Sense and all the latest and greatest (and having it on on constantly to show it off to people that ask), the batery in the DNA seems worlds' better than my TB.

Last edited:

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday first full day on 4g. 13hrs. So that's good enough for me. I really don't mind a mid day charge. But 13hrs is good for me. Hope everyone else is getting 10hrs plus

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Boy, where did all of the guys with pitchforks ranting about the battery run off to?

im right here! just wait, battery life doesn't get better with time! it will happen.

also, just to be clear. i have never stated anything other than fact that i think it was a travesty this phone didnt have at least a 2,500mah battery (and a few snide inflammatory comments ;)) . the design should not be SOOOOO important that .5-1mm should override stellar battery life. it is the single most important thing to me and almost everyone i am close to. ok, great, you guys are getting 10-12 hrs. sweet, but why in the hell would anyone not want 15-16hrs or 20-24hrs???? im off charger at 7am, i own my own business and my phone is my lifeline, literally. i am mobile all day long. why can manufacturers not get this. i am POSITIVE that there is not a soul on this forum that would NOT purchase this because it was 1mm thicker. the forums would be going nuts at how it is nice to see a premium phone with premium specs throughout. you guys know that is the truth.

ande9202

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
im right here! just wait, battery life doesn't get better with time! it will happen.

also, just to be clear. i have never stated anything other than fact that i think it was a travesty this phone didnt have at least a 2,500mah battery (and a few snide inflammatory comments ;)) . the design should not be SOOOOO important that .5-1mm should override stellar battery life. it is the single most important thing to me and almost everyone i am close to. ok, great, you guys are getting 10-12 hrs. sweet, but why in the hell would anyone not want 15-16hrs or 20-24hrs???? im off charger at 7am, i own my own business and my phone is my lifeline, literally. i am mobile all day long. why can manufacturers not get this. i am POSITIVE that there is not a soul on this forum that would NOT purchase this because it was 1mm thicker. the forums would be going nuts at how it is nice to see a premium phone with premium specs throughout. you guys know that is the truth.

Then this phone isn't for you simple as that. For your average user this phone will probably get you through the day, guess what, that is who the phone companies care about. Not your small group of power users. For that group Moto came out with a pretty damn good phone. Buy that one and stop trolling the thread of a phone you never will buy.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Actually the battery is exrreamly good. This is with heavy use and half the day on 4G. Can't attach a photo from mobile apparently but imsitting at one day 6 hours and at 30% battery still.

NoEviL

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you all still run App Killers to keep your battery life up, I would say I am a power user (games are fun!) I love the DNA but I need some help getting the consumption down and I had an iPhone for the last two years so trying to power curve it here. Any pointers?

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you all still run App Killers to keep your battery life up, I would say I am a power user (games are fun!) I love the DNA but I need some help getting the consumption down and I had an iPhone for the last two years so trying to power curve it here. Any pointers?

Welcome back from iWorld... App killers were big talk on Android 2 years ago, but not anymore. The OS handles all the app management best, so I think you're best bet is to take basic precautions like connect to WiFi when possible and lower your screen brightness.

NoEviL

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back from iWorld... App killers were big talk on Android 2 years ago, but not anymore. The OS handles all the app management best, so I think you're best bet is to take basic precautions like connect to WiFi when possible and lower your screen brightness.

I am on Wi-Fi whenever possible and screen brightness is at zero or thirty percent. Thinking of switching to the max hd

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Today I set it to auto-brightness and strictly 4G. Spent about 30 minutes on the internet, an hour and a half on Words with Friends, 30 minutes on GTA III, a handful of texts, set up my 2 email accounts and did some file clean up of my transfer folder from my TB on the DNA. Looks like 3 hours of screen time or so. I am sitting at just over 12 hours with 31% left. I'd post a screenshot but I must be a cripple and can't seem to get it to take. LOL All I know is I am pretty damn happy with the battery and glad I did not take all of the reviews and rumor to heart! love this damn phone!

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I am on Wi-Fi whenever possible and screen brightness is at zero or thirty percent. Thinking of switching to the max hd
I've got the MAXX HD, I love the battery life but I want the screen in the DNA! I'm thinking of switching. A lot of people are saying good things about battery life, but today has involved 17 Hours on Battery, 3:48 Hours voice calls and 2:24 hours screen time. I just don't know if the DNA would make it.

Anyone switch from RAZR MAXX?

Spider210

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've got the MAXX HD, I love the battery life but I want the screen in the DNA! I'm thinking of switching. A lot of people are saying good things about battery life, but today has involved 17 Hours on Battery, 3:48 Hours voice calls and 2:24 hours screen time. I just don't know if the DNA would make it.

Anyone switch from RAZR MAXX?

Its a trade off. Top off your battery for 15 min during lunch or in the car if you feel the need

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Battery life sounds promising. Still wish they could have crammed a bigger battery in there. I definitely wouldn't mind the phone a bit bigger. But still impressed with that size display and battery.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how much of the great battery life is due to the S4 processor which idles cores when there is no demand. I heard it can also run on a single core when doing non user interactive tasks like checking mail and syncing the calendar.

No matter what, it sounds like the engineers have found a way to get a lot of runtime out of a relatively small capacity battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith