Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Droid DNA - BAD Bluetooth Car Phone Call Audio? And intermittent garbled non-BT calls?

Quote Originally Posted by techgeek32#WN View Post
    My DNA works flawlessly with my 2011 Nissan Maxima. Crystal clear calls on Bluetooth and handset only. I have a Bose Bluetooth headset when not in the car and that is clear too. I also have it paired with three other portable Bluetooth speakers and they all work like they should. One thing I have learned is that every phone works differently with Bluetooth car kits. I have a GNex, SGIII and Droid Razr Maxx HD. The SGIII and GNex sound terrible through my car and the Razr is crystal clear. It is all about drivers and codecs. There really is not much that can be done to fix it. That is why I always have to choose the phone that works the best with my car even if it Is not the one I like the best. Good Luck!
    I realize this is an older thread but wanted to add to the Maxima comment since trying to talk computer/tech stuff on Nissan-specific forums is impossible (e.g. most people there are more concerned with ricing and wheels, rather than BT call quality).

I, too, have a Nissan Maxima (2010 with Navigation - but essentially the same as techgeek32#WN's 2011 model). I had the Galaxy Nexus before (used 4.2, 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 ROMs) and have the Galaxy S3 now (4.1.2 ROM). People have always said that I sound HORRIBLE when using Bluetooth through the car. I always thought I was nuts but I'm very glad to hear that I'm not the only one. Calls are especially bad when traveling on the highway when you can It's almost as if the microphone picks up too much ambient noise.

Are there any apps that reduce the Bluetooth Phonecall Mic Gain?

Default Re: Droid DNA - BAD Bluetooth Car Phone Call Audio? And intermittent garbled non-BT calls?

I've had the same problem with my DNA since day one with my Infiniti. I've spoken to HTC as well as Infiniti in hopes to resolve the problem. Nothing. The answer is stop buying HTC products. When they took it off the shelf after 6 months, I knew something was up. In the meantime. Motorola is still there. Done with HTC for good.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123