Faint blue spot

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've heard about this happening to others so I'm glad its not just my phone. Recently, a small blue spot has shown near the middle of the screen. If I take the Verizon case off and restart the phone the spot fades away (can still slightly be seen, but not as bad), and when the case goes back on, the spot comes back. Its really only noticeable on white screens. If I put a little but of pressure on the back of the phone behind the spot, the screen gets a ripple effect. I've had this phone since launch day, so can't return it. I don't really want to do warranty swap because I don't want a refurb. Has anyone had any luck fixing the issue or does anyone have any ideas?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i was doing this to a display model in a store...if you press between the HTC and Beats logo on the back, you can replicate it...i think all models do it

pjridge

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I took my case off and its pretty much gone unless i put a small amount of pressure on the back of the phone. My wife has exact phone and case and hers is fine.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
This isn't normal. I have gone through 3 of the DNA and not one of them had a "faint blue spot" and I am VERY picky about the phone from factory. I would return your phones for another one.

TriangleZ

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
This is becoming a huge problem with the DNA it seems. I already exchanged mine because of this same issue. My girlfriend just put on a screen protector and when all is said and done, there appeared a blue dot! She was aware this might happen because of my phone, so she didn't use a lot of pressure at all, but in the end, there was a blue dot... She doesn't have a Verizon case either. I would think HTC would have tested the amount of pressure needed to actually damage the display before mass producing it. Of we used a whole lot of pressure from our fingers, or from the cases then sure, it's user damage, but we didn't even use that much pressure and the display is damaged already.

My original incredible was built like a tank, I feel like I'm treating my dna like a bomb waiting to explode at any minute.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
A picture is posted on one of the other threads. That thread made it seem like it was due to the Verizon case and holster... Seems not so much any more.

I haven't had the problem, and I've even sat on my phone a few times. Guess I'm lucky!

Steve

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

pjridge

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I first had an Otter Box when I first noticed the spot. I removed the case and it diminished some but with the smallest amount of pressure on the back and it would reappear. I also compared it to my wife's DNA which is fine, and my entire screen had a slight blueish tint to it compared to hers. I've tried the Verizon case with same results as the otter.

dnickb

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an older post, but I thought it might be worthwhile adding what I know, given I stumbled on this by Googling the issue. Maybe this will help someone.

So, my phone also had a faint, almost airbrush-like, blue spot towards the center of the screen. I noticed it about 4 hours after buying the phone yesterday. My problem was that it was a sometimes issue and it didn't always show up. I had my friend take a picture of it, to help prove it to the Verizon store where I purchased the phone, and I went back and they went ahead and just replaced it. The key is to make sure your screen does it in store. That may mean sitting in the middle of the mall/store/your car and continually turning your screen on and off until it does it, like I did.

It is also worth noting that the spot became more pronounced the longer I had the screen on, so after about 10 min of it being on (if even that) it was pretty obvious and the sales rep wasn't even squinting to see it.

Also, I don't have a case, yet, and my phone did respond to the spot between the HTC and Beats logo being pushed. I haven't had the guts to try it on the new phone.

anon(22793)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an older post, but I thought it might be worthwhile adding what I know, given I stumbled on this by Googling the issue. Maybe this will help someone.

So, my phone also had a faint, almost airbrush-like, blue spot towards the center of the screen. I noticed it about 4 hours after buying the phone yesterday. My problem was that it was a sometimes issue and it didn't always show up. I had my friend take a picture of it, to help prove it to the Verizon store where I purchased the phone, and I went back and they went ahead and just replaced it. The key is to make sure your screen does it in store. That may mean sitting in the middle of the mall/store/your car and continually turning your screen on and off until it does it, like I did.

It is also worth noting that the spot became more pronounced the longer I had the screen on, so after about 10 min of it being on (if even that) it was pretty obvious and the sales rep wasn't even squinting to see it.

Also, I don't have a case, yet, and my phone did respond to the spot between the HTC and Beats logo being pushed. I haven't had the guts to try it on the new phone.

I replaced my phone, which also had this. I wonder if it's the result of my Verizon case. Yours didn't?

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have two faint blue dots on my screen also, but only visible on a white screen. i think I will just live with it as it is not that bad. I am using the verizon glossy silicone type case until seidio gets their act together. If the spots get any worse, then maybe I'll get a refurb. I am not really that concerned.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
well, go figure, a week or so now since I posted about my two faint blue spot in the center of my screen and now they have gotten bigger. That's it. I am going to go for a refurb and look over it like a hawk when it arrives tuesday. I have never had any problems with refurbs bfore, but you never know. Will advise how it goes right here. Hope it is only a handful of sets affected, Cause I love this phone!

86steveshafer

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
i have this issue and showed it to a verizon rep and they told me that it doesnt hinder the functionality of the phone and therefore cannot be turned in as a warranty issue. maybe i just need to go to a different verizon store.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i have this issue and showed it to a verizon rep and they told me that it doesnt hinder the functionality of the phone and therefore cannot be turned in as a warranty issue. maybe i just need to go to a different verizon store.

I just called CS and they were more than helpful. Sent me out a CPOwned device and I had it in two days. Now everthing on the new device seems correct. Screen is flawless. Stores can be hit and miss. That is why I always call VZW directly when I can. The phone should not have the dots. Do yourself a favor and just get another. I am glad I did!

italiiano

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
This problem was present on my first DNA out of the box. took it back the next morning and they did a DOA return and gave me a new one. Almost two months later the blue dot magically appeared on this phone now. Very disheartening.

dnickb

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been through 3 DNAs, only the first 1 has had that dot. I don't use a case so I can't attribute the dot to those.

However, this DNA's back is rather sensitive, but it is a refurb (and I'm not too happy about that, but at least this one works).

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have tried 4 cases and none of them have caused this issue. I currently have the Verizon holster case. I think it's an inherent flaw in the phone and no case can be the cause. I'm crossing my fingers that the blue dot doesn't magically show up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy