HTC Droid DNA with T-Mobile, Straight Talk, or Virgin Mobile

tm86

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
I want to buy HTC Droid DNA and use it with T-Mobile monthly 4G, Straight Talk, or Virgin Mobile - cheap plans below $50 monthly.
I am not sure it will work. I didn't found any answer on the Internet. I asked tmobile and they cannot guarantee, because it is not t-mobile phone. They say it will probably work in 2G. Not sure about Straight Talk or Virgin Mobile.
Appreciate any help.
Tom:confused:

Last edited:

Hartley001

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure it won't work on VM either as they don't really use simcards in their phones. I've heard of people flashing boost or verizon to VM. They use sprints network too. All you can do is call VM and get a proper ANSWER but I think it's just going to be the same as mine.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You may want to also try Simple Mobile. They use T-Mobile's network and you can bring in any unlocked phone. They also do offer 4G speeds, which I highly recommend over the 2G in regards to a superphone like the DNA.

Just a little warning: an unlocked DNA may cost you an arm and a leg! Send me a PM. I sell superphones like the DNA and I can help you get an excellent, affordable deal. :)

Hartley001

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You may want to also try Simple Mobile. They use T-Mobile's network and you can bring in any unlocked phone. They also do offer 4G speeds, which I highly recommend over the 2G in regards to a superphone like the DNA.

Just a little warning: an unlocked DNA may cost you an arm and a leg! Send me a PM. I sell superphones like the DNA and I can help you get an excellent, affordable deal. :)

Ye listen to TSOD he seems to know more :)

tm86

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys.

I'm still confused.
People write that it will work in 2G/EDGE only, because doesn't support 1700MHz band, but check this video:
Droid DNA running on AT&T - it's GSM unlocked - YouTube
This speed would be great for me. I still prefer computer to surf on the web.
Iphone 5 doesn't work in 1700MHz either, but it's for sale in ST and suppose to work in 3G.

TheSpeedofDroid, I've sent you a PM.

What other phone would you recommend? I don't want iPhone 5.

Hartley001

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not into rooting and flashing but if that works for you then that's fine. I'm using HTC Evo v 4G (3d) I know it's an old phone but for the price I'm paying the phone works perfect for me. And it's available on sprints 4G wimax network with the dual core snapdragon cpu its fast for me .

tm86

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I will ask people at walmart today, but I'm sure their answer will be: "we don't know", haha. Then will call straight talk and virgin directly.

I can try all carriers if nobody tried using Droid DNA with ST, TM, or VM, just don't wanna buy the DNA and then stuck with 2.5G. Do you think internet radio would work on GPRS or EDGE?

@Hartley001, I meant using computer to surf and phone to talk&sporadically surf.

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does VM use SIM cards? If not that's a no go, straight talk does so you should have no problems there. Tmobile should work as well. Your only issue with the last two is data speed. And someone already posted which bands the DNA support so really the only question you need to have answered are what bands do straight talk and tmobile use. I'm willing to bet that you would find those answers quicker withva Google search than going into any store or calling customer service.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Hartley001

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Does VM use SIM cards? If not that's a no go, straight talk does so you should have no problems there. Tmobile should work as well. Your only issue with the last two is data speed. And someone already posted which bands the DNA support so really the only question you need to have answered are what bands do straight talk and tmobile use. I'm willing to bet that you would find those answers quicker withva Google search than going into any store or calling customer service.

VM don't use simcards at all sone I'm. Assuming there no point even talking to them because it's not going g to work. Look at tm there offering no contract plans for as low as 30 a month with 4G speeds 100 mins unlimited text 5g of data. U ordered one for 99c and it come but didn't end up using it

rzoltan

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
My works with Tmobile prepaid i have H where Tmobile already upgraded to 1900mhz ,or Edge where is only 1700mhz.I used Straight talk sim with ATT,works great on 3g .

tm86

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the DNA from amazon. I will try it first with Straight Talk. If super slow/2G, then just return all and buy HTC One VX+ from AT&T.
I don't get those people at Verizon. They keep telling it is locked, even though description says it works in over 230 countries. Moreover, there is no return policy on phones purchased at retail price. I am really disappointed with Verizon.

rzoltan

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I was happy with Straight Talk here in Jax the download speed was 2Mbps-6Mbps Only reason im still with Tmobile because works in Europa when im traveling. The bad thing is MMS dosnt work! I need to find a correct APN

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised this question didn't get answered quickly. It will work on T-Mobile on 2G/EDGE for sure. It will work on HSPA+ in areas where T-Mobile has service deployed on the 1900MHz band for HSPA+, that's if you're lucky to be in an area where that's deployed, but they are building out on this band in more and more places. It will for sure work on Straight Talk if you order an AT&T compatible SIM from them since they use 1900MHz for their HSPA/HSPA+. The device is totally GSM unlocked. It will work in the methods I stated above.

tm86

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
My HTC Droid DNA works with Straight Talk in HSPA data which is just fine for me. The download speed averages at 1500 kbps, max I got was 3.3MBps. Upload max 1Mbps. It's a small town, but 4G is available with ATT. I expected better performance. I'm using default straight talk APN right now.

The only issue is lack of MMS. I can't find correct settings. I've been sitting for the whole day, tried zillions of different options, but nothing works. Please help!

Theverbaltec

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Tmobile SIM CARD does works on my Driod DNA.
I'm getting H /3g service in my area.
I'm constantly on you tube and does not buffer.
So am happy to be able to use this beautiful device on pre paid
And ditched Verizon. Who was charged a arm and a leg.:D

orion575

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
I want to buy HTC Droid DNA and use it with T-Mobile monthly 4G, Straight Talk, or Virgin Mobile - cheap plans below $50 monthly.
I am not sure it will work. I didn't found any answer on the Internet. I asked tmobile and they cannot guarantee, because it is not t-mobile phone. They say it will probably work in 2G. Not sure about Straight Talk or Virgin Mobile.
Appreciate any help.
Tom:confused:

I'm using it on Straight Talk, and it works fine

htcsenka

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to use a Droid DNA on t-Mobile. I can not send or receive any pictures. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem?

best07

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying HTC DNA on Tmobile. I had to cut the SIM card from my primary phone to make it fit in the tray and it works after entering the right APN settings, however I can barely make it work consistently. Sometimes I see an "H" and sometimes an "E", some other times "3G" (very rarely) and sometimes there's no letter, just the signal bars. Worst case there's no signal at all. Sometimes when the phone shows an "H" it can't connect to internet or access web apps and some other times it can do it. I don't understand what is going on. Any comments on this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89