Connecting DNA to Car via USB to play music

MYSTICBLUEX3

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So I would like to connect my DNA to the car's USB port so I can charge the phone and listen to Pandora. The DNA charges just find via USB. However, I can't get it to play music or Pandora, it just plays through the DNA's speakers. Is there a setting I have to mess with? If it matters, its a 2008 BMW 135i.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So I would like to connect my DNA to the car's USB port so I can charge the phone and listen to Pandora. The DNA charges just find via USB. However, I can't get it to play music or Pandora, it just plays through the DNA's speakers. Is there a setting I have to mess with? If it matters, its a 2008 BMW 135i.

I'm not sure but I think the 2008 135i should have a setting in your tuner that enables bluetooth streaming. It should say in your car's manual if your model is able to.

jreed2560

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

It won't play just by connecting the usb. You would either have to connect it thru an aux port (3.5mm headphone jack) or thru bluetooth

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2012 charger and all it does on the usb port is charge. the display says error reading

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It works for me in my friends car. It didn't work on my galaxy nexus. I forgot what type of mp3 he has in his car

SoggyTempura

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2012 vehicle. Only iPhone plays through the USB, all other devices require an Aux cable. I think it's a software thing in the vehicle, which is bull .