Huge Battery Problems With Nova...

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I was perfectly happy (actually ecstaic) with the battery in the DNA until I loaded Nova. While I love the Nova launcher and its amazing customizability I started noticing an alarming battery drain. Even when hooked up to wifi I was losing about 6-7%/hour even when not using the phone. With the stock Sense launcher I was losing maybe 2%/hr. When I started using the phone to make calls, play Words With Friends, etc. things got even worse. So I disabled Nova and reverted to sense as my default launcher. Still the problem persisted. So I completely uninstalled Nova and bingo, I have my battery life back.

So while I love what Nova can do it's not worth the battery drain. Interestingly when I opened up "battery" under settings and looked at battery useage details it only showed Nova using 2-3% of overall battery usage. This just ain't true or at least its some other kind of interactive effect. Bottom line, if you're using Nova and you see decreased battery performance I'd suggest you uninstall it and compare battery performance for a day or two. If there's no difference you can always reinstall Nova.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I switch back and forth between Sense and Nova launcher and have never had any issues with a battery drain. Have you tried to intall Nova again since removing, maybe for some reason you had a bad install the first time which caused your issues. I haven't seen any other reports about Nova hurting battery life on any Android forums.

Were you using a widget on Nove that you don't use on Sense?

Spider210

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
pemene4a.jpg
Started yesterday I have horrible battery life and I never used nova. GSam doesn't say anything besides held awake

I rebooted this morning when I saw I was at 80% and barely used it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using

Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359676233437.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359676233437.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 19

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member