How many times has your DNA been replaced?

gforce1963

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
[Edited by moderator to remove quoted spam content]

Just don't be a Verizon customer if you want those Google OS updates in a timely manner :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Still on number 1.

I don't have insurance on my devices anyway, so if something goes wrong, I'm S.O. L.

Don't need insurance if the issue is a manufacture defect like software or hardware related that are not caused by you. You have a year with Verizon. never returned my DX or Nexus. My Tbolt went back once for radio issues and the Storm2 was a nightmare with the dust under the screen issue.

stinger22

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
#3, first one the Bluetooth was horrible and no one could hear me or understand me. Complained and they claimed they had no reports of Bluetooth issues while at the same time I later discover they were trying to get the update out to fix it. Second one the Bluetooth was flawless but kept rebooting. Third one back to Bluetooth issues, barely usable but doesn't reboot.

Love the phone itself but if had to do it again knowing he Bluetooth issues would not buy the DNA.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Still on my first one which I pre-ordered at launch and I'm using the same SIM I had in my GNex before. I have had the SIM issue a couple times in the past week but seems to have gone away for now.

That said, I'm sure karma will come find me now that I've posted this and my phone will likely self destruct. Don't worry, I'll blame the OP for creating this thread.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
#3, first one the Bluetooth was horrible and no one could hear me or understand me.

So this is definitely not just quirk with the DNA in general, but an actual defect worth trading for? I have yet to ship mine in because I'm afraid they won't change anything (e.g. "YMMV" on the battery, GPS) or I'll just end up with a busted refurb.

Just curious, if you send it in for repairs, will they replace the bottom microUSB flap? I think I might resell this phone as soon as my 180 days are up, and having the broken flap (although almost unavoidable) will definitely hurt the resale price.

john58543

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Still on number one but got the PUK lock today and had to get a new SIM again. That's the second new SIM I've had to get. Frustrating.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll say it again, send them back. If it isn't costing them money there is no incentive to fix the problem.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No way for me to send back. Had it three weeks....

Did you not buy it new from Verizon? If you did, you have a year to send in for a replacement at no cost for software/hardware malfunctions at no fault to you. You just can't trade in for a different model device after two weeks...

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

john58543

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
But I can't trade it in for replacement at Verizon store can I? I bought it at a Best Buy....