Battery life issue - msm_hsic_host keeping phone awake!

tkags85

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that after the VZW update my phone loses ~30% battery overnight (it used to be 3-5%) when the data/WiFi is switched off. After taking a deeper look I saw that "msm_hsic_host" in the kernel keeps the phone awake throughout the night. Does anyone know what is going on? Is there a way I can resolve this?

I googled this and found that many folks with the Nexus 4 using Cyanogenmod are also seeing this issue. So I am guessing this is related to the Qualcomm chip. It seems to be an issue with the radio.

Please help!

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing your device is rooted? I've not tech-savvy, so hopefully this makes more sense to you:

"Some buses like HSIC would like to keep device in suspend state after system resume. The remote wakeup or interface activity later will auto resume the device. This will work only if the
device is auto suspended before system suspend. If the device runtime state had been active during system suspend and system suspend routine put the device in suspend, it will not be resumed during system resume. When remote wakeup happen for this device,the runtime resume will not bring the device to active as runtime core think it is already active.

The HSIC bus ensure that device is auto suspended prior to system suspend by holding a wakelock till the bus is suspended. HSIC bus is not handling the case where device is auto resumed immediately after system suspend begins. HSIC bus simply put the device into suspend in system suspend routine."

(here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-mako/pull/1)

Seems like a million people with the N4 have that same issuebut no one's really resolved it.. sorry!

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a lot of "No SIM Card" errors as well? I had the same issue with the msm_hsic_host wakelock for a few weeks and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my SIM card. I normally would just reboot my phone to clear the error but one day I decided to eject the SIM and reseat it. Since then I have not had the SIM error and have noticed the wake time of msm_hsic_host is now in check... maybe 30-45 min over 16 hours instead of 15 hours out of 16 (i.e. every seconds that my screen was off).

tkags85

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a lot of "No SIM Card" errors as well? I had the same issue with the msm_hsic_host wakelock for a few weeks and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my SIM card. I normally would just reboot my phone to clear the error but one day I decided to eject the SIM and reseat it. Since then I have not had the SIM error and have noticed the wake time of msm_hsic_host is now in check... maybe 30-45 min over 16 hours instead of 15 hours out of 16 (i.e. every seconds that my screen was off).

I have never gotten the "No SIM Card" error.. I will try to remove and replace the SIM card though... will see if that resolves my issue...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana