Facebook Build 141046 in Notification bar?

20ccs

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
From my droid DNA, I connected to WiFi and clicked on the download, it brought up an in app update screen in facebook and allowed me to install the new build

JaiK Jadhav

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
EPIC ANSWER..... THIS WORKS............................
GO TO OTHER DOWNLOADS ... CHECK THE OPTION <Facebook download> and Click on DELETE <Clear> button................................
ITS GONE...................... :)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
From my droid DNA, I connected to WiFi and clicked on the download, it brought up an in app update screen in facebook and allowed me to install the new build

So do you think it will repetatively return until we accept the new build? I don't have WiFi at the moment to begin with, but I really don't want to accept an update that is going to allow itself to make any additional updates without my permission.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

cotys

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've killed download manager, it comes right back to life in a minute or two. I'm on EVO 4G LTE with Jelly Bean.

Where does one find "other downloads" to kill the build 141046 update?

"yes,it works just go in downloads,select other downloads and it will apear `facebook build 141046` and then select that and click cancel "

Facebook app is NOT on auto update
General Google Play setting is NOT on Auto update
Download only on WIFI is ON
I'm not on WIFI but Sprint poor connection

So WHY is Facebook ignoring every Android setting and killing my battery?????? Down to 28% battery now, will be dead before I go home!! Should know it would be Facebook to do something like this.....

I'm being Zuckered!!!

Last edited:

TF02

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with mine as well, I uninstalled FB, rebooted my phone and the notice is still there. I just reinstalled FB again and its still there. Droid Bionic w/ JellyBean

shady7737

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
After a frustrating couple of hours fooling with this, I finally found a way to end it. I also tried removing the battery and all else I could think of. Been searching everywhere online, still have no idea what it is, what it was downloading or why. But, I don't care...it's gone. and Facebook seems to be working well.

I have a xperia walkman android phone.
I went to downloads and found it under "other" downloads. n delete it from there

Hope this helps a little! Good Luck!!
-pankaj

lmk26

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
mine started this morning - tried every idea listed here, even force stop/ clear data/ disabling downloads. goes away and then starts over in a little bit. so annoying, plus it seems to be draining my battery like crazy

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

So WHY is Facebook ignoring every Android setting and killing my battery?????? Down to 28% battery now, will be dead before I go home!! Should know it would be Facebook to do something like this.....

I'm being Zuckered!!!
Is everyone sure this is really a Facebook download if it's not showing in the Playstore as an update, ignoring your settings, showing different build #s on different phones and not going away when the app is uninstalled? I don't have it so don't know if anyone has seen a statement from Facebook regarding this.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Last edited:

exit_13

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Finally, figured out how to zap this thing for good. Go to "Downloads" and it will show this thing as a download in progress. Check the box against it and a prompt pops up at the bottom of the screen saying "Ok" or "Cancel" . Needless to mention, you hit "Ok" and that's pretty much it..Gone! No more heartache :) By the way,i'm using a Xperia Neo V with Droid Gingerbread. Hope it works for some if not y'all. Cheers! :p

Bonny Harris

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing and it kept downloading - you have to go to your downloads and find the current downloads and cancel it that way. I found that answer after searching thru other forums. It was driving me crazy after 4+ hours of having it on my phone. Not re-installing FB on my phone for a couple days to try to have things fixed.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
mine started this this morning tried reboot force stop download manager finally long press on the app thats downloading open app info force close download manager then clear data so far thats worked we shall see lol

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I've killed download manager, it comes right back to life in a minute or two. I'm on EVO 4G LTE with Jelly Bean.

Where does one find "other downloads" to kill the build 141046 update?

"yes,it works just go in downloads,select other downloads and it will apear `facebook build 141046` and then select that and click cancel "

I'm being Zuckered!!!

This! If people get things back to normal or not, it shouldn't be forced to phones like this. It should be the people's choice.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

checoshotti

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I just hit my search button on my phone (while at my homescreen) typed in downloads and clicked on the downloads 'app' or manager ...whatever it is,... selected the facebook (build 141046) 'download' and deleted it. Instantly went away, didn't have to delete my facebook app, or change any settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez